Menu
HK to Shenzhen to Shanghai to Jinan and Back
Dec 17, 2007 01:55
  • ICE5
Dear All,

I am travelling to China from India.
I will be landing in HK on Jan 4th, 2007.

The cities I need to cover are
1. Shenzhen
2. Shanghai
3. Jinan

I am on a shoe string budget and would appreciate if someone could advice on the best means of travelling between these cities.
(e.g cheap way to travel from HK to Shenzhen, from shenzhen to Shanghai and Shanghai to Jinan)

Also if someone could advice on affordable hotels in these cities that would be great.

I am also looking for a business assistant (affordable please) since I plan to visit some businesses there and need to make sure that these are authentic.

Best regards,
Mr. Vakil
Dec 17, 2007 04:48
  • COLORFULLIFE

Welcome to China.When you landing HongKong airport,you can take a bus to Huanggang port. It will cost HK$100. When you reach arrived Hall B,Turn left,then go straight,you will see the direction ---to Mainland bus station. If you have any problem,you can ask people where you can take a bus to Shenzhen.For a cheap hotel in shenzhen,you may stay in JingPeng Hotel,it will cost USD$30.Jing Peng Hotel is a s-star hotel,economic and comfortable.I will be glad to help you out when you stay in Shenzhen.For more detail,please reach me at yahoo.cn|shenzheninterpreter
Dec 20, 2007 21:36
  • ELLYSE
Hong Kong -- train/bus/ferry -- Shenzhen -- train -- Shanghai -- overnight train -- Jinan -- overnight train -- Shanghai -- train -- Hong Kong.
Be warned that the Shenzhen -- Shanghai and Shanghai -- Hong Kong train rides are pretty long, around 18-20 hours.
Dec 21, 2007 00:12
  • ICE5
ColorfulLife and ELLYSE...thanks for your suggestions. very helpful. -ice5
Feb 29, 2008 05:24
GUEST15185 Jing Peng Hotel? It is for to Domeng?
Mar 11, 2008 11:48
GUEST12142 Hi

I have sent you a request on your email regarding a cheap trip from Shenzhen to Shanghai, including accommodation

I would be glad if you can assist me.

Thank you

Francina
Jul 20, 2008 05:36
GUEST69246 hi i was reading your report to another i am coming the friday and do you speak chinese? my name is rj
Mar 13, 2009 04:34
GUEST23510 Dear we need help
we are in shenzhen and we want to go to shanghai
we want o know the lower cost way
thank you
Mar 21, 2009 00:30
  • ELLYSE
Train instead of flight.
Apr 18, 2009 11:16
GUEST47783
Hello,

Please advise what is the best way to travel from:
-Suzhou to Taizhou
-Taizhou to Nanjing
-Nanjing to Ningbo
-Ningbo to Shanghai

Is it worthwhile to hire a driver/car to follow these places in 5 to 6 days?
If yes how much will it cost?

Felix
Apr 18, 2009 22:22
  • ELLYSE
Which Taizhou? Is it the one in Jiangsu province, or the one in Zhejiang province?
"Best" is subjective. How many of you are there and when are you travelling? Are you here for business/work?
Please reply to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: HK to Shenzhen to Shanghai to Jinan and Back
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code