Menu
What’s your plan for the coming Christmas Day?
Dec 20, 2007 22:05
  • SUNNYDREAM
Hey!

Christmas is coming! What is your plan? Stay with your family members? Go to church and sing the Christmas Carols?
Christmas is a time of celebration and sharing which is filled with joy, laughter, light and music. It is a time of giving and sharing. Have you prepared gifts for your kids? Or what kind of gifts are you expecting to receive in the forthcoming Christmas? Have you finished your Christmas decorations? How does your home look like? Gorgeous?

For each of us, the Christmas day may have different meanings, perhaps a vacation from work, a time to connect with family, a rushed flight to get closer to loved ones or a reminder to go shopping. What does Christmas mean for you?

Wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Dec 20, 2007 22:48
  • GRIZ326
I will talk with my gal in Nanning in the morning and have Christmas dinner with my best friend's family. I have gifts for them. I only celebrate Christmas because my friends practice Christianity.

Why do Chinese celebrate Christmas now? Do you have the Santa story for the children? Do you have Christmas trees???
Dec 21, 2007 02:38
I will speak to my family on the phone and listen to my cd's until I go to the pub for a few drinks, then back home to cook myself some lunch then it will be feet and watch a few films before retiring for a early night, I will be working on Boxing Day so I daren't drink too much.
Alan
Dec 21, 2007 02:48
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Seeing as I am of Chinese heritage I will have the usual rice and assorted dishes than probably pull some holiday pranks.
Dec 21, 2007 19:26
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I usually call my family, email them, see them using Yahoo webcam and deposit money that they can withdraw so they could get whatever they want for Christmas. I don’t really expect getting any gifts but I love getting cards and greetings from my friends and officemates. Hmm…. I’m not really planning to buy something for myself this Christmas because I already bought the new Ipod last October. I usually put up a Christmas tree in the living room and some colorful lights on my porch.

My Christmas tree, still standing after my cat tried to climb on it. LOL!

Dec 21, 2007 19:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
My cats “helping” me with the Christmas lights. ^_^"

Dec 21, 2007 20:15
  • HEIDI
Wow, the cats do a good job.

My company prepare Christmas trees for every offices. Looks very well!
Dec 22, 2007 02:17
  • APAULT
I will teach my classes as usual, then perhaps go back to my apartment for an earlier than usual beer or two.

In the evening contact the family on the Net.

That's enough excitement for one day. Strewth I musty be getting old!

Dec 22, 2007 19:15
GUEST16426 no plan. just work and go back home
Dec 22, 2007 22:31
  • NICHOLAS
I am most excited to say that I am giving up my XMAS this year to ’过春节‘ .

While I have already travelled to Hong Kong, ShangHai and Beijing in the past this will be what I consider my first Chinese holiday.

I will be travelling with my girlfriend (Who left a few weeks ago to be back in China) to many places.

First I will arrive in ShenZhen but only staying a night before travelling to LiJiang. From LiJiang we will travel to meet friends in ChengDu. After ChengDu we will go to stay with her family in HangZhou and also celebrate the Chinese New Year。

After the new Year period we will travel to Xi'an. From Xi'an we will travel north to YuLin, then to jiaxian and finally to guangzhuang to visit the family I have been sponsoring.

After this we will return to hangzhou and finally I will leave China via GuangZhou.

当然我很高兴!!

Dec 22, 2007 23:05
  • JCNILE123
Nicolas,
Great plan, have a nice trip.

I stay home in Texas with my family.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What’s your plan for the coming Christmas Day?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code