Menu
Is it reasonable to hire a beautiful girl to show off?
Dec 21, 2007 01:11
guestfad According to sources, China’s fresh college-graduates are struggling hard to “ deal with the ‘face issue’”. When these newly-graduated students attend “alumni gathering”, they tried hard to borrow name brand clothes and luxurious autos. What they do is just want to compare with their peers. They even compare the outer appearances of their Bfs or Gfs with those of their peers. Some male graduates even post an ads on the internet to hire a beautiful girl to attend the alumni reunion? What are the triggering factors for them to find fake girlfriends? Tackle their vanities and show off in front of their peers. Youngsters like to be flattered and adored. Is it reasonable to hire a beautiful girl to show off?
Dec 21, 2007 08:50
  • CARLOS
I know some people whos lifestyle shows they have a lot of money. Always the newest fashion wore on, they change car within 2 - 4 years, mobile phone of course must be finest and smallest. I happen to know they do not finance their lifestyle with their salaries. They take a new loan on old loan. Again a new loan to be able to pay their oldest loan.

Some people have plastic surgery to look better. There are partys where host injects poison to peoples faces, so that a 55 yo lady can show she don´t have wrinkles.

Some hire a beautiful girl to show he is a succesful person. I have never heard about that before, but now I have lived that moment too.

Seems like nowadays is not reasonable to do average work, to live average life, to look average. Society don´t any more respect people for what they are, only succesful lifestyle is respected.
So, perhaps all this is reasonable and have some kind of meaning. I just haven´t understood what it might be.

Carlos
Dec 21, 2007 10:07
  • WCTMAN
Speaking of plastic surgery, there are some Hollywood actresses who will be sporting a goatee if they have another face lift.
Dec 21, 2007 19:14
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Then I would say, if that is your thing and it will make you happy, do it. It’s your life. It’s your money. I say, fantasize to your heart’s content. LOL!

But think about it. They’re not really flattering you, they’re flattering that person they thought was you. Things like these do not stay hidden for long. They’ll try to find out the truth, especially if you overdo it. Like if you are driving a Ferrari or a Rolls Royce to the reunion. LOL! Wouldn’t it be better that people know the real you and like you, than pretend to be someone you’re not just so they would like you?

It’s true. Many rich men take on young, beautiful women as trophy wives whom they can show off to everyone. Well, rich man got his trophy wife that could inflate his ego; young, beautiful woman got her money and status. It’s a fair trade no matter how I look at it. Both of them know very well what they are getting into.

Yea, there are lots of those here, the kinds who change their cars or muscle trucks every few years, some every year. Like I said, it’s their money. It’s none of my business. My car is 6 years old and I plan on using it until it won’t run anymore. I like having peace of mind instead of being stressed out by debt so I couldn’t care less what people think of me. If they don’t like me, too bad, so sad, it’s not my problem at all. ^_^”

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~~ Dr. Seuss
Dec 21, 2007 19:48
  • HEIDI
Couldn't agree more!
Dec 22, 2007 13:36
  • CARLOS
Shes...
Yep, You said it, I follow :-)

Only..... yes, it´s their money, their life.......it is, but it´s not. It´s all about collective responsibility.
The more people live like that, the more more people want to live like that. The more kids think it is the real way to live, perhaps the ONLY way to live, to be alive.
I know this sounds like a speech of Jesus himself or Martin Luther King or some other, but only if all refuse to stupidity it will not exist any more.

Gods themself are powerless in front of stupidity. I think that is from a book written by Isaac Asimov
Dec 22, 2007 20:18
  • ELLEN77
Isn't it too tired to think every others think when you do everything?

Quote: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~~ Dr. Seuss

AGREE

To be yourself and do what you like looks more amicable to others. It is no need to pretend in fornt of your close classmates.
Dec 22, 2007 21:28
  • JCNILE123
It is all vanity.
Dec 22, 2007 23:24
  • LIONPOWER
All vanity!
yes
cause you are a man.
Dec 23, 2007 18:52
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Great analysis you got there, Carlos. You are seeing the big picture. Very few people can do that. ^_^

It is sad that there are shallow people who will judge other people by what they have. But what is even sadder is that there some who want the attention and praise so they keep on feeding them, thus, perpetuating the cycle of greed and shallowness. But I guess many cannot resist the urge to feel wanted and desired. Things will change hopefully.
Dec 23, 2007 18:55
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Isn't it too tired to think every others think when you do everything?"

I totally agree, Ellen. When your every action and decision is based on how others will think about you, it is very stressful and tiring. It makes you lose sleep. It makes you sick literally. It gives you stomach aches and it raises your blood pressure. It gives you headache and heartache and for what? You start to wonder why you keep punishing yourself like that. If you think about it, you can’t really please everyone. I figured, as long as I am not harming anyone, I’d do what I want and I won’t care what other people think. I will not give them any power to validate or invalidate me. It is also a very good way of weeding out people who won’t like the real you, thereby saving you the trouble of even associating with them especially when you are entering relationships. ^_^

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~ Bernard Meltzer
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it reasonable to hire a beautiful girl to show off?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code