Menu
Female travelling alone
Dec 22, 2007 15:51
guestLiz Does anyone have any tips/advice for a 20 year old female travelling alone in China? Any areas I should avoid? Any safety concerns particular to China? I plan on going to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Tong Li, and maybe Nanjing. I've travelled alone in Europe before but never Asia.
Dec 22, 2007 20:47
  • ELLYSE
China is generally quite safe for solo female travellers. Biggest dangers are probably pickpocketing and scams. Valuables in concealed money belt next to your skin. Nothing of value in backpack or back pockets.
Dec 22, 2007 21:17
  • JCNILE123
I always tell people that the best way be safe, is to select the people you talk to, do not let them select you.
Dec 22, 2007 23:29
  • LIONPOWER
Nothing new only for Chinese travel.
Take care as you taken before.
China is very safe to travel but every where in the world have some culprit, take care about them.
Dec 23, 2007 07:12
Shanghai is a safe city
Dec 23, 2007 10:56
  • GRIZ326
I have posted this here a number of times, but will do it again because it bears repeating.

You must take complete responsibility for your own well-being. As a young woman, you are a potential target for thieves and rapists. These are the two rules I followed as a merchant seaman taking shore leave in foreign ports:

* Never drink to drunkeness
* Enjoy but never trust your new friends

However, China is a very safe place; you will be fine if you follow those two basic rules.

Enjoy yourself.
Dec 24, 2007 10:32
  • APAULT
Yes, as a girl you have to be careful, but you are probably safer than where you live. Locals often warn of the danger to our person, but they don't realise that danger is very low compared with other world cities. The real dangers in China are pedestrian lights that suggest it is safe to cross but the traffic also has a green light!!!.....appalling electrical safety standards, buildings having fire exits blocked or even padlocked, and a lack of safety features like sprinklers. Should you visit a hospital or doctor you may notice all sorts of rubbish on the floor and you will rarely smell disinfectant.

These are the safety factors you should consider. I have considered and choose to live here for a few years. Come and enjoy your holiday.
May 8, 2011 00:35
GUESTRAJENDRA DEAR SIR I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A SMALL QUINTITY AT YOUR SIDE OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT SO THAT PLS GUIDE US THAT WE CAN COME AND PURCHASE THEIR.
THNAKS
Post a Reply to: Female travelling alone
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code