Menu
Two Backpackers for Summer of 2010 (Lhasa, Chengdu, Xi'an, Beijing, Wutaishan...)
Dec 23, 2007 09:05
  • ALECESNE
Hey folks, anyone up for a shared leg of travel in the summer of 2010?

My friend and I have just decided to go on a long trip starting in Beijing, and finishing in Kathmandu, with a stopover in the grasslands of Inner Mongolia, several mountain sites in the Central-South regions, Xi'an, Chengdu, and Lhasa. We also want to do some trekking, either in Nepal or China. Schedule extremely flexible at this point; in all we'd like to travel for 2 months.

I have pretty good Chinese, have traveled in Nepal and India, and have lived in Beijing twice. He's a guitarist who wants to see the other side of the world for a hot minute. We're both native English speakers from Chicago, if that means anything in your book...

Write me about what sort of interests you have (Temples, Riding, History?) and a little about the game you've played so far in life, and perhaps we can share a train and a couple of cities, hao ba?
Dec 24, 2007 10:35
  • APAULT
2010... wow, that's planning ahead. When I get to a town I go to the bus station and see where the buses go.

Anyway...have fun :)

Mar 14, 2008 22:52
GUEST33100 We have been talking about that same trip for summer 2009 or 2010. What made me respond is that we are also living in Chicago. I am heading to Shanghai on Sunday.

We spent a couple of months in Nepal and a couple of months in China but Tibet was not open then. Would like to see Tibet. Today’s events were very dispiriting.
Mar 16, 2008 01:57
GUEST03221 Yes, it is rather sad to note the turn of events. Let's hope things will cool down soon and let the wiser heads prevail. It's good to plan ahead but with the world so opinated and divided, we can never be certain. Anyway best of luck to you both!
Apr 4, 2008 23:12
GUESTPATRICK... My wife and i are travelling to china in sept 2008 and would like to know and would like to find out the cheapest way to fly into Kathmandu from the closest point .We will be there for 6 to 8 weeks and travelling as backpackers,any advise would be appreciated.
Post a Reply to: Two Backpackers for Summer of 2010 (Lhasa, Chengdu, Xi'an, Beijing, Wutaishan...)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code