Menu
First time travelling China
Dec 24, 2007 12:35
  • FREEBIRDNZ
Hi there,

I am looking at travelling to China for 1 month or so end of next year or early 2009. It will be anywhere from Nov - March 2009.

I wanted to know if people could give me an idea of the best places to visit in a month. I like bright colourful attractions as apposed to ruins but would also like to see great wall of china etc. I am also travelling alone and know this won't be an issue but it may affect where I travel.

In saying the above I also like to stop a few days here and there and relax and enjoy a drink and laugh with other travellers so I would also like to know where I could do this.

Any suggestions would be very very helpful thanks. I am just after a basic Itinerary as I am the sort of person who just goes with the flow and if I end up meeting people along the way then even better.

Thanks!

Freebirdnz
Dec 24, 2007 14:15
  • ELLYSE
To give a pretty general answer, I would suggest that you check out the Tibetan areas (aka Greater Tibet) as well as Yunnan.
Dec 24, 2007 20:14
  • SUSAN205060
Considering Guizhou or Yunnan province. Also Beijing and Shanghai etc.

You can consider to fly into Beijing then travel from North China to South China.
Dec 25, 2007 00:06
  • APAULT
Hong Kong Disneyland?
Dec 26, 2007 03:43
  • JABAROOTOO
Buy the Lonely Planet or similar and check out where the the action is and where most of the foreigners are well catered for.

The real Chins is here people, her history, including many ruins and restored relics and her scenery. There's a lot to choose from.

Agree with Apault if you want lots of bright lights and shiny sites just stay in the big cities.
Post a Reply to: First time travelling China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code