Menu
Favourite Movie?
Dec 24, 2007 16:19
  • NICHOLAS
你最喜欢什么电影吗?

What's your favourite movie?

If your Chinese, do you watch many western movies?

If your Western, Do you watch a lot of Chinese movies?

Personally I watch movies from all over the world. Some of my favourites however are Chinese.

太阳照常升起 (the sun also rises)
落叶归根 (Getting home)
Le Tigre El a Neve (The Tiger in the snow) ((Italian))
Crash (American)

My favourite movies will always change depending on my mood and the time of day you ask me though. Please discuss some of your favourites?
Dec 24, 2007 19:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
My favorite movies of all time:

1. A Walk in the Clouds (American movie with Mexican flavor) - a romance movie about an American soldier and a Mexican girl set after the WW2
2. Malena (Italian movie) - very moving movie that teaches compassion and understanding
3. Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow (Hongkong movie) - old kungfu movie by Jackie Chan
4. Kill Bill (American movie with Japanese flavor) - about a bride who sets her sights on revenge after some bloodbath on her wedding day
5. Battle Royale (Japanese movie) - about school adolescents who were directed to kill each other or be killed
6. Rush Hour (American movie with Chinese flavor) - police comedy tandem between Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan
7. Love So Divine (Korean movie) - about a priest who fell in love with a sassy girl who was dumped by her bf
8. Any science documentary - astronomy, genetics, biology, environment, planet Earth, inventions, etc.
Dec 24, 2007 19:21
  • JIMMYB
A Walk in the Clouds? I watched it when I was a freshman in college. The scenery (especially the vineyard) in the movie is too charming. Unfortunately, it was destroyed by a big fire.
Dec 24, 2007 22:23
  • GRIZ326
I like cowboy movies...Lonesome Dove and Open Range are pretty good. My favorite, not quite cowboy movie, is Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck.

One of my favorite, non-cowboy movies is "It could happen to you" with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda. It is a very nice "date movie" (love story) without all of the sex that seems to be in every modern movie.

....and being a guy...I really enjoy the action movies with Arnold, Stallone, Jet Li and other great tough guys.

Fearless is a tremendous movie with Jet Li. I watch it every time it comes on television.
Dec 25, 2007 01:34
  • LEONARDO
It is hard to tell which is my favorite. I have a very broad interest in motion pictures. I am inclusive to different genres of movies: features, drammna, moral,romance, musical, horror,blackhumor, tragedy etc.

Here are some of my favorites:

Forest Gump,American Beauty, Crash, Brokeback Mountain ( Drama/ Moral)
Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Psycho, Silence of Lamb ( Horror)
Chicago, West Side Story, The Sound of Music( Musical)
Casablanca, Rebecca, Waterloo Bridge, Roman Holidays, Seven Year's Itch, The Legend of Fall, Pretty Woman(Romance)
Others:
Edward Scissorhand, Brave Heart, The Shawshank Redemption. Camille, It's A Wonder Life, Dead Poet's Society. Hotel Rwanda>>>>
Dec 25, 2007 19:07
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Don't worry, JimmyB. It was implied in the end that the vineyard will be grown again. ^_^

Oh, I love Forrest Gump and American Beauty, too! ^_^

I also forgot to add the Japanese movie, Train Man (Densha Otoko) as one of my favorite.
Dec 26, 2007 01:42
I'm like Griz with the cowboy films, my favourite being Rio Bravo although I did like the Magnificent Seven movies too, also the Clint Eastwood movies The Good, The Bad and The Ugly etc etc
My favourite war movies are The Great Escape, The Longest Day and Where Eagles Dare.
I'm also a big fan of anything by Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Jet Li as I have mentioned in other threads.
Alan
Dec 26, 2007 03:36
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
If I could only name ONE movie as my favorite, I would pick "Crash". Crash was a movie that I expected, would relate to another urban film yet as urban as it is, the movie was very clear to show the racial tensions and prejudice that exists in society.

The movie did not change any of my views as I am not racist or prejudice but as the film ends, not even the most cold hearted person feel pain in his heart. If I was head of the state school board, I would make it mandatory for every student to see this film even though its many themes are R rated.
Dec 26, 2007 04:10
  • NICHOLAS
Couldn't agree more with you about 'Crash'

I also like some music DVD's such as

'Imagine' (John Lennon)
'The last waltz' (The Band)
'How the west was won' (Led Zeppelin)
Dec 28, 2007 14:54
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Every great band should have a music DVD, especially if it depicts how the a song or album came together and the events that lead up to there inspirations. I haven't seen many that looked worthy to watch other than Incubus's "Morning View DVD"
Oct 7, 2012 18:13
  • XIAOBAIHE
He, Sai Fei, Chinese professional actresses, a real artist like many others who acts out life and chinese cultures rather then give a show as cheap as entertainers for catering ingnorant foreigners who shwo scuriosity to china.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Favourite Movie?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code