Menu
Simplified Health Control at Borders
Dec 25, 2007 23:23
  • APAULT
TCG has reported that there will be a simplified health check process at Immigration when entering China. One part says:

" ....cross-border passengers are required to give an oral declaration........., if they have fever or vomiting symptoms, infectious or mental diseases or if they carry micro-organisms, human tissues, biological products, blood or plasma products, animals, plants or their products.

I wonder what is the definition of a mental disease? If a person has one and doesn't declare it, can he use mental incapacity as a defence in law????? haha

You must declare your cotton shirts and undies as they are plant products. Silk shirts and leather belts are out too as animal products.

Will there be a human dip (like a sheep dip) so that we can wash all the micro-organisms off our body??

It's unfair to pick on China, Australia uses equally vague or misleading language, and no doubt most countries do.

If you think I'm be silly about this (well I am making a joke of it, I admit) you could be in trouble for not declaring a Chinese wooden or cowhorn comb to the Australian quarrantine inspection.

Dec 26, 2007 03:49
  • JABAROOTOO
On entering Australia I usually declare everything, all the wood products and tea, etc. I let the customs guys decide if they can be bothered to have a look. It usually works and I clear customs quickly because the lines for 'goods to declare' is usually shorter than the 'nothing to declare'. My only problem is I sometimes forget where I put things and takes me a while to find them. LOL

Coming into China I declare nothing and have not been asked once to check my luggage but that could change anytime.
Dec 27, 2007 13:30
  • GRIZ326
It should be easy to get my venison & antelope meat into China with these new rules...if the agents are busy looking for cotton underwear!
Dec 27, 2007 20:46
  • LIONPOWER
This law not strictly observed in China, its just like a formalities.

We filled it every time and checks yes/ No boxes.

Agents only checks the papers not disease. (Haha)
Post a Reply to: Simplified Health Control at Borders
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code