Menu
What does your suit look like?
Dec 27, 2007 00:51
  • ICEBLUE
Do you like wearing suits?Suit is the most popular costume of men. Men wear suit on various occasions. Well, some men don't like wearing suits. They believe that wearing suit make them look stiff and stubborn. Maybe, some styles of suit can handle the problem. Shiny suit works well for Christmas parties where people want to look smart but don't want to use black tie. However, a report from Financial Times says that "apply the adjective “shiny” to a suit and most men would assume it is either being worn by a quiz-show host or, after too much use, should finally be put out of its misery." This is a prejudice. Sutle sheen suits will make men look lively, vigorous and virile. So,you still don't like dressing in suits. What do your suit look like? Do you wear suit regularly?
Dec 27, 2007 01:31
  • NICHOLAS
I wear suits more often during winter. They are impractical during an Australian Summer.

I believe a good suit can really enhance a mans image. Sadly, most guys know this too and carry too much pride when wearing a suit.

I don't think i'd ever wear a suit (or any clothes) that had a shine (or sheen). To me, it is unnatural. I am yet to see natural wool/cotton fibre that is shiny.

That's my two cents :-)
Dec 27, 2007 05:05
I only wear suits for special occassions, I have a nice new one ready for my wedding, I used to wear a suit quite often but these days I prefer casual clothes.
Maybe this because I wear a uniform every day at work.
Alan
Dec 27, 2007 07:29
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, suit looks a man very smart.
I did not like shiny one rather traditional.
Dec 27, 2007 08:42
  • CARLOS
I work at a small company, I don´t wear suit at work, but when negotiating with buyers I always wear a suit, because buyers usually wear suit too. I always wear a tie, too. I have several suits, I use them depending on time of year and of course the nature of situation.
By the years I have used to wear suit, but still I don´t feel very comfortable wearing it.

I have not any shiny suit and will not buy any. Neither have I Armani or taylor made suits.
Maybe it is a little funny, but when negotiating with buyers, I must be sure my suit does not look more expensive than buyer´s suit. The closerr to it, the better, heh.

Carlos

Dec 28, 2007 21:15
  • SUNNYDREAM
I like those guys wearing suit. Nicolas is right: "a good suit can really enhance a man's image".
Well, shiny suit can make guys look fresh, alive, energetic and easy-going. Why don't you guys like sheen suit?
Dec 29, 2007 09:58
  • CARLOS
"A man is not a Christmas tree"

Well, that´s it ;-)

Carlos
Dec 29, 2007 10:39
  • JCNILE123
Quote, ("A man is not a Christmas tree")
There you go Carlos; you make me laugh well.

In the USA, we call them, the polyester guy.

Glossy hair, gleaming suit, and shiny face = a polyester guy.
Dec 29, 2007 20:32
  • JIMMYB
Quote: "A man is not a Christmas tree"

Carlos, you make me laugh too. Shiny suits don't suit everyone. To enhance your image, you just need to wear clothes that match your temperament, complexion etc. Personlly, I prefer to wear casuals. On some special occasions, I have no other choices but to wear suits.
Dec 30, 2007 02:09
  • CARLOS
Haha, polyester guy, that was good!

In addition unnatural chemically whitened teeth, perfect. lol

Carlos
Jan 1, 2008 21:35
  • LEONARDO
"A man is not a Christmas tree"

Wel, it's true, but a man should also be trimmed on Christmas Party. Suit is men's forever faddish collection. I dressed up with suits on formal occasions, but not too flashy.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What does your suit look like?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code