Menu
Do men need skincare?
Dec 28, 2007 01:14
  • SUNNYDREAM
We all have an stereotyped image of men's adorning routine: the wet shave, the swaddling hot towels, the stinging splash of aftershave. In our mind, men do not need to adorn themselves too much. On the contrary, if some men groom themselves thoroughly.They would possibly be picked on by their male fellas and ladies.

There is a generally hold opinion that women age quicker than men and men's skin is age-enduring. An expert (Boots skincare advisor Steve Barton) says“Men's skin is about 10 per cent thicker than women's,” “Women's skin has a downy hair which is like fine needles. A man's skin in comparison has thick hair to penetrate this thicker skin.” Factor into this equation that men's skin is oilier, due to testosterone – thus they age less quickly.

Whilst, men do age despite the fact that men may age differently from women. According to research, men's wrinkles appear later but develop more rapidly.

As the competition mounting in professional circle, men are having the increasing need to look youthful. “Competition in the workplace means that men cannot afford to neglect their appearance,” emphasises Mintel's report on Men's Grooming Habits, 2007. “The pressure is even greater for men to look the part once they reach 40, due to the need to compete with much younger colleagues.”

Chaps, do you take good care of your skin? When you pass 40, you may have the desire to reaching for beauty creams. Men need skincare.
Dec 28, 2007 05:09
!0 years ago I would have said not on your life would I use creams on my face, but now I use facial products to remove excessive oil and dead skin cells and cream to keep my skin nice and smooth, it also helps prevent razor burn reducing rashes.
If seems to be working as I get comments that I don't look my age.
Alan
Dec 28, 2007 09:59
  • CARLOS
I am not very interested, although because of my work skin on my face dries. I use some basic cream for that, but nothing else.

Alan, to look younger I simply shave my face, heh. Works, I can tell.

Carlos
Dec 28, 2007 10:32
  • GRIZ326
Soap & water works for me. ...although if I have bags under my eyes from a lack of rest, I use preparation H to shrink the bags. Preparation-H is not a glamorous beauty product, but a very practical ointment.
Dec 28, 2007 10:58
GUEST007 quote... "Preparation-H is not a glamorous beauty product, but a very practical ointment. "

you are sure right, preparation h... it's not a beauty product,
it's hemorrhoids comfort medicines.

http://www.preparationh.com/
Dec 28, 2007 18:55
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Years ago, many men won’t be caught using any personal care products. Now, there are even shampoos and facial lotions just for men. O_o

Good grooming is essential but I think my youngest brother has got it down to a science. He uses more personal care products than I do. He has facial toners and creams, skin lotions and creams, facial scrubs, different colognes, shampoo, hair gel, you name it, and he has it. If he’s got a pimple, he’ll have a cream for that, too. He’s just one of those men who want to look good and smell fresh for the girls. LOL!

Generally, East Asian men don’t need to shave their face since they get very little stubble once in a while. Yea, good grooming helps on the job, too, along with a set of well-pressed clothes. In Asia, being presentable is very essential on the job. It is seen as a reflection of the company image, therefore valued by employers.
Dec 28, 2007 19:38
  • JIMMYB
To be honest, I haven't used any cream or lotions before I came into college. After entering college, I just use Facial Cleanser. Perhaps, I should use some other creams or lotions to look good:-)
Jan 2, 2008 21:18
  • KATRINA
Men also need skincare although men age slower than women. The researchers are right: as the competition mounting in professional circle, men are having the increasing need to look youthful. “Competition in the workplace means that men cannot afford to neglect their appearance,”

We can see that not many men go to beauty salon regularly. Some men also have plastic surgery. Beauty is an advantage for both men and women.
Jan 6, 2008 21:39
  • LEOPOLD219
Those men who care too much about their outer appearance are generally not manly enough. Few girls will like the "Sissy men".
Jan 6, 2008 22:51
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Leopold, have you ever seen how girls go crazy over those polished “idols”? LOL! ^_^
Jan 6, 2008 23:33
  • JCNILE123
I agree with Leopold, feminine man is not to manly, even if they look like a man.

Some deviated girls like that type of man for entertainment, that type of man are like the TV lunch from the 90’s, TV created.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do men need skincare?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code