Menu
Do you trust in "internet love"?
Dec 31, 2007 19:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“Perhaps, he just wants to make fun of those boys who are looking for their love on the internet. Or he might have other purposes. The internet is a virtual world. There a young and delicate girl can be a fifty-year old lady. Also dinosaurs (it means ugly girls in Internet language) can pretend them as beauties. Just take care of yourself.”

Thanks very much for the input, JimmyB. Well, I know him and his gf personally so it’s not like he is just an internet friend. Once, I asked him why on earth is he using an image of a woman (sort of a fairy/goddess) as an avatar, he said he just likes the image. I find it a bit weird since most straight western men won’t be caught using a feminine avatar so I am thinking it must be a difference between Western men and Asian men. Still, who knows, right?

Right. We should be cautious. The internet is infested with psychopaths and pedophiles lurking online.
Jan 1, 2008 21:00
  • LEONARDO
>>We should be cautious. The internet is infested with psychopaths and pedophiles lurking online.<<

SHESGOTTOBE
Don't be so gloomy with the" virtual world". There are numerous cheats in the virtual world, but still countless sincere friends. I feel very lucky that as I see many friends I met here are open and friendly.

As to " internet love", I thought it is Ok. Online-dating can be a good way of finding the other half of your life. But needs to Be Cautious!
Jan 2, 2008 23:07
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“Don't be so gloomy with the" virtual world". There are numerous cheats in the virtual world, but still countless sincere friends. I feel very lucky that as I see many friends I met here are open and friendly.

As to " internet love", I thought it is Ok. Online-dating can be a good way of finding the other half of your life. But needs to Be Cautious!”

That’s very sweet, Leonardo. ^_^

You’re a very open, understanding, sincere and empathic individual. Thanks for reminding me that in the middle of the darkness, there is light. There is hope for the world, after all. ^_^

But I’m curious. Why do you have a bird as an avatar? What does your avatar mean to you?
Jan 10, 2008 21:51
  • LEONARDO
SHESGOTTOBE
>>But I’m curious. Why do you have a bird as an avatar? What does your avatar mean to you? <<

Sorry for this belated reply! It has been a long time since the last time I viewed this thread.

Why? First, I like birds very much. Seagull is one of my favorite. The snow-white feather embodys purity, innocence and nobility. It seems to me that flying birds signify the fundament beauty of the world. The flying seagull flips over ther lake, demonstrating the beauty of natural force and power. More importantly, they are not confined in a limited space, they have a endless room to fly. Birds do not need to apply a visa when they travel. LOL! (I am kidding)

What does it mean to me? Here it is: "Believe me, I can fly, I want to touch the sky. I am proud to sing in the sky". Hehe!
Jan 11, 2008 22:53
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Don’t worry about it, Leonardo. I’m guilty of the same thing. It’s kinda hard to see if someone responded to your post unless you open every thread. Gee… who’s got time for that? ^_^”

It’s a beautiful tribute to the birds you got there. Very nice symbolism! Well, if you do not mind watching documentaries, you should watch Winged Migration. Here’s a review in case you you’re wondering.

http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/films/films.php?id=5806
Jan 11, 2008 23:01
  • LOVEISVERB
Why not? People gotto have a place to meet for the first time. Just like buses, subways, libraries, parks, etc.... internet is the virtual place for people to get to know each other. Just like you may happen to meet the wrong guy at a park, you may have the same bad luck at internet too. Internet isn't proved to be a safer place, nor is it a more dangerous place. My opinion!

It may be a consolation for you to know that, good poeple like us use internet too. LOL
Jan 12, 2008 02:40
GUEST41200 So we are all good people ?? lol
Jan 12, 2008 07:54
  • JCNILE123

Loveisa,

good point!
Jan 15, 2008 17:07
  • DAVEC
Ok, my opinion has now changed. I have mentioned before on this forum how I met my lovely lady on this site but now she has just ended the relationship.
Completely out of the blue she has told me she is fed up with everything and never to contact her again.

So, I recommend caution all round
Jan 15, 2008 18:32
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh my, Davec, so sorry to hear that. Here’s hoping it’s just one of those little lover’s quarrel.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you trust in "internet love"?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code