Menu
Time for fireworks
Dec 30, 2007 16:23
  • CARLOS
Soon it is time to celebrate New Year again.

I bought some fireworks which I will burn with my daughters. Few smaller and one big rocket, that will be sent midnight sharp.

Will You burn fireworks? Is it a habit to do so or to go to watch some public fireworks?

Very happy and succesful New Year to You all

Carlos

Dec 30, 2007 18:17
  • JCNILE123
Carlos, I like to watch the fire works better, so I let others flame it.

Happy New Year 2008
Dec 30, 2007 18:48
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Can't. Powerful fireworks are illegal for citizens where I'm at, except for the sparklers. The city has it's own fireworks display though. If I don't fall asleep and it's not freezing outside (boy, I'm just full excuses, aren't I?), I might watch it.

I miss New Year celebration in Asia. Every house has it's own fireworks display. It's like a warzone. LOL!
Dec 30, 2007 21:33
  • JIMMYB
In recent years, China has also prohibited fireworks burning in cities. But in rural areas, people still burn fireworks to celebrate New Year's coming. Without fireworks, New Year's Eve is too tedious.
Dec 31, 2007 01:21
  • JABAROOTOO
Private fireworks have been banned in Australia for many years but on New Years Eve there are so many public places to safely enjoy a fireworks display.

Usually one at 8/9.00pm for the younger children followed by another at midnight. The most significant and spectacular display taking place on Sydney's Harbour bridge with street and park parties all over the place. For many years people flock to the headland near our home to enjoy the fireworks from at least four different locations.

Here in China private fireworks were banned in large cities until last year. I have spent three New Years here and haven't seen a fireworks display of any kind on New Year's Eve.

It has been rather an anti-climax but this has not been a traditional Chinese date to celebrate. Only the last two years have we enjoyed a public holiday for the occasion.

During Spring Festival it is a big deal but needless to say a little dangerous and very noisy for many days.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all
Dec 31, 2007 02:58
I'm dreading the fireworks, in my part of London they have been letting off fireworks most weekends, it's a pain in the rear end when you're trying to sleep, tonight I don't expect to get much sleep at all, it can go on until about 4.00 am.
Over the weekend in Bristol someone was letting off fireworks and one hit a gas main causing a lot of damage, something like 20 houses had their windows blown in.
Alan
Dec 31, 2007 08:28
  • DODGER
Just seen and heard the fireworks in Sydney. The dogs hate them as usual.
But a happy 2008 to all.
Dodger.
Jan 1, 2008 13:03
  • CARLOS
I was chatting with my Lao Po around midnight time in Nanning. At midnight she moved to the future for me and I went to the past for her. I caught her six hours later, lucky me, heh.

I saw Sydney fireworks too, some of it, in tv, as well as Hong Kong too.
Both very amazing.

Like someone just said, don´t do anything in 2008 what You wish Your kids don´t know You did

Carlos

Post a Reply to: Time for fireworks
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code