Menu
Were you once cheated?
Jan 3, 2008 21:45
  • CANADAGUY
>> It was just a play on the usual “I’d rather be fishing/boating”. For me, it’s something like “She’s got to be traveling/reading/sleeping/cooking/hiking.” \m/ ^_^ \m/ <<

Ah ha, I see now. That's very original, good for you! :)

Jan 4, 2008 21:32
  • JIMMYB
Quote: I am kind of naïve sometimes, always assuming that people have good intentions, always assuming that they are good people unless proven otherwise.

We are optimistic about the world and believe that people around us are good. However, reality teaches us that there are good guys and bad guys and that we pay much for our innocence.
Jan 5, 2008 23:03
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Ah ha, I see now. That's very original, good for you! :)"

Heh, I didn’t think it’s original, but thanks very much, Canadaguy. I thought it’s kind of lame, but you know how it is when you are trying to think of a handle. ^_^

Jan 5, 2008 23:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"We are optimistic about the world and believe that people around us are good. However, reality teaches us that there are good guys and bad guys and that we pay much for our innocence."

Actually, it could have been worse. I was at the bank for 3 hours when I learned that they were fakes. I never spent 3 hours transacting in any bank in my life. I could have spent that time strolling through Yuanming Yuan. I seriously thought that I was going to get arrested for the possession of fake currency. O_O Maybe they realized that the possessor is a naïve (stupid) foreigner so I got off the hook? LOL! Besides, it was partly my fault. I was in a hurry to get back to my hotel so I took any taxi that approached me. I should have been more discerning. Just thinking how it could have gotten worse, I still feel lucky because now, I know better. Well, hopefully.

Bad experiences will make us cautious, but they shouldn’t stop us from pursuing what we love. There are still a lot more good people in this world. (^_^)

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." ~ Anonymous
Jan 14, 2008 19:27
  • JIMMYB
Well, I had a similar experience with you, SHESGOTTOBE. When I was paying the bill in the supermarket, the cashier gave me a fake 10 yuan. That experience teaches me a lot. From then on, I check my money when others give me my change. Some guys even withdraw fake money from ATM. When they require the bank to change his fake money, the bank just says:" Who knows if you deceive him?" Very sad!
Jan 15, 2008 18:44
  • SHESGOTTOBE
When I was at the bank, they were showing a video on how to check if the money you have is fake or real but I wasn’t able to pay attention to it too much. I’m not sure if it was because I was so distraught or because it was in Chinese and I couldn’t understand it. Oh well, I’ll just be careful next time.
Jan 16, 2008 02:58
  • ICEBERG
Quote: Sorry, guys, but you weren't cheated; you were fooled. Big difference. Cheated is where someone promises you A and delivers B...fooled is where you think that A is B.

WCTMAN, thanks for clarifying my mistake. Sad to see that so many people were fooled. I am no exception.

"After reading this thread, I am laughing; what else can we do?" If I meet that guy who fooled me again, I will tell others who offer their help to him. If a beggar asks for money, just give him some food. If he asks for food, you have your decision: give him food or money.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Were you once cheated?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code