Menu
how to get from HK to China.
Jan 1, 2008 21:03
guest25432 Hi every1, I am new here, i have been to HK b4, but this time i am going with my daughter for 10 days and we were hoping that we would be able to get over to China for a short while, but i have no idea how long it would take to get there from HK and how would be the fastest. if any1 has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.
kind reguards chris.
Jan 1, 2008 21:24
  • COLORFULLIFE
Hi Chirs,
Happy New Year to you.If you want visit China,firstly,you have to make a China Visa.Shenzhen is quite near HongKong.It will only take 40 minutes by train from HongKong centre.Shenzhen is quite different from HongKong.Shenzhen is a young city with about 28 years old.The nice place to visit is Happy Valley,Window of the world,Splendid China.Happy Valley is more popular for the young.Shenzhen is also a good place for shopping.Wish you have a nice trip in China.
Jan 1, 2008 21:24
  • ELLYSE
Well, obviously it would depend on where you're going in China, right? Longer journey time and more expensive for destinations that are further geographically from Hong Kong.
If you're talking about only crossing the border, perhaps a couple of hours to get to Shenzhen.
Also note that most nationalities have to obtain a China visa in advance, no visa-on-arrival at the border.
Jan 1, 2008 21:58
  • MTHOPESCH
Dear Chris,

Happy New Year

1. Visa: Easiest way is to go to a travel agency for a visa. Most hotels have one. Of course they charge their fees and the ones in the hotels maybe 5 Euros more but they are reliable. Last time visa was around 40 Euros since it was express (in one day). The more time you give them the cheaper it gets. You DO NOT want to go to the Chinese consulate. Maybe could ttake 4 hours and you save 10 Euros.

2. Travelling: As mentioned by other member: depends where you wonna go. If you are going to Shenzhen Central, Light Railway is the easiest option; 1 hour (but sometimes long cue at the border). In case you are going to the airport in shenzhen, ferry is a good option 1 hour(normally no cues). Flights from SZ airport to other Chinese cities is cheaper from SZ than from HK. If you are going to Guangzhou, recommend the train. Forgot the time but think 2.5 hours.

3. reason of trip: question is what you want to do in Guangzhou or Shenzhen. Both not very attractive places for a foreigner. But if it is just to have a look and do not have much time to go somewhere else, I recommend Guangzhou.

Best, Markus
Jan 2, 2008 00:50
  • BILLCAI
Hi Chris,
Welcome to Guangdong. If you want to come to Guangzhou, you can go by train from Kowloon raiway station(HungHom), it takes 1 hour and 45 minutes from HungHom to Guangzhou east railway station, and the ticket is 190HKD and 230HKD. For more details, you can view the website: http://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/b2c/frmIndex.asp?strLang=Eng. To Shenzhen is much faster, it takes about 45 minutes by bus. If you need any info and help in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, please send me email, my email is: hotmail.com|caijun_Bill.

All the best to you for the whole year of 2008.

Bill
Post a Reply to: how to get from HK to China.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code