Menu
Business Trip visiting Shanghai and Yiwu
Jan 5, 2008 23:06
  • JANOO
Hello All;

I am from Toronto canada and planning to visit Shanghai and Yiwu late Feb 2008 on business trip for textile whole sale market ( jeans, fashion tops and accessories like artificial jewlery ) Please guide me how many days I need to visit both these cities as well as are there any guide tours etc and anyother things that I need to know before I arrive. Thanks a lot.....
Jan 6, 2008 07:04
10 days is enough
Jan 6, 2008 20:55
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,JANOO,

If you only focus on business, then we suggest 5days enough(2 days in Shanghai market & 3days for Yiwu market ).

If also want to do some sightseeing, you can consider to extend another 3~5days to experience China.

Also the transportation ticket(flight/train/bus) is tight before Feb 20th due to Chinese Spring Festival Holiday(like your new year holiday), so we suggest you to visit here after Feb 20th, it is more better.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN:hotmail.com|Susan205060
Jan 6, 2008 23:36
GUEST61217 Thank you so much Susan for valuable info. I will plan it for end of Feb. Also can you help me with anyone that you recommend as good guide for these 10 days and approximate cost. Thanks once again.....

Regards,
Janoo
Mar 25, 2008 02:46
GUEST71241 It's good to see the markets with your own eyes, it's amazing there. We did a business trip via Shanghai to Yiwu earlier this year. This really helps a lot to our business, we now directly buy goods from our suppliers in Yiwu, and then use export agent (pay some commission) to ship the goods back to Europe. To do the trip is quite simple, we drove from Shanghai to Yiwu, it's about 3 hours by freeway. The car rental company: www.shangcar.com drove the car to our hotel in Shanghai and then directly to Yiwu. We spent 3 nights there and visit hundreds companies within 2 days, again, it's an amazing city, you'd go and see it with your own eyes. Ryan
Mar 26, 2008 04:29
  • ZENCHEN
Janoo,nearly 3 month past,how's your trip?
Apr 16, 2008 19:17
  • EASTONEB
Yiwu market don't have many garments suppliers, the garments & textile market call Binwang market, you can source garments,bedding,necktie,lace,trimming in this market, if you buy seamless garments, yiwu has a lot of suppliers.

For fashion accessories, yiwu is the best choice, you can find huge selection in Yiwu Futian market
Jun 30, 2008 12:24
GUESTH ANRAJ... I am reaching Shanghai on 05-07-2008 night at around 11.30 pm.Kindly let me know about transport to Yiwu at night.

H Anraj jain Bangalore INDIA
E.Mail:yahoo.com|levoam
Jul 13, 2008 20:22
  • ELLYSE
Too late for you, but I believe it's not feasible to get to Yiwu that very night, unless you've arranged for an airport transfer!
Sep 5, 2008 10:11
GUESTPHILIP I USUALLY ARRIVE SHANGHAI PUDONG AIRPORT AT NIGHT AROUND 11:30 PM, AFTER CLEARING THROUGH IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOM . I GO DIRECTLY TO SHANGHAI TRAIN STATION THROUGH TAXI OR BUS, BECAUSE THERE IS NO BUS TO YIWU AT SUCH TIME ( PAST MIDNIGHT), AND BUY SOONEST AVAILABLE TICKET AT SOUTHEAST DIRECTION OUT SIDE OF THE TRAIN STATION, IT IS OPEN 24 HOURS, I PREFER TO BUY SLEEPING BED TICKET THAN HARD SIT TICKET. TRAVELING TIME -4 TO 5 HOURS FROM SHANGHAI TO YIWU. - HOPE MY EXPERIENCE WILL BE HELPFUL TO THOSE LATE TRAVELERS.
Jun 13, 2009 01:35
GUESTDEEJ I'll be arriving in Shanghai on 26th June at 5:30pm. I have to go to Yiwu. What is the best way? Are there any bullet trains to yiwu from South Station or Shanghai station? What bus/shuttle line can I take from the airport to train station? Also Does anyone has the address of Shanghai market for garments. Thank you. I'd appreciate some help.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Business Trip visiting Shanghai and Yiwu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code