Menu
living in china
Jan 6, 2008 15:52
  • ELISA
wanting to retire in china . i have a girlfriend there what are problems .visa`s daily life getting ss checks .taking care of usa business from china paying bills banking need basic info on how to .look at internet sites nothing of what i need to know HELP
Jan 7, 2008 01:59
  • JABAROOTOO
First thing is your visa. You most likely get a business F visa in Hongkong every six months enabling you you live here. Ask you girlfriend to make enquiries at her local office of PSB

Banking
It is a good idea to have internet banking for all your bills and you can access you money - withdraw from US and deposit into a Chinese bank account if necessary There are methods of transfer from here to US if you need to

Give someone you trust at home Power of Attorney over one of your bank accounts with sufficient funds for them to handle any affairs that require your signature and money.

This same person should also forwarded your mail but the best option is to ask the same person to vet your mail, forwarding only what you require and have them email financial details for you to deal with over the internet

There are some hazards in this but better than having your bills floating around in the postal netherworld.

Hope this answers some of your queries. Good luck
Jan 29, 2008 09:10
  • G8WAY2CHINA
Hello Elisa. My name is Chris Cookson and I work for IEERA's China office in Yangzhou, Jiangsu. We deal with the legalities of living and working in China, including visas, residence permits and the like. Rest assured that our services are 100% legal and 100% legitimate. Please contact me at yahoo.com|chriscookson.ieera I'd love to hear from you.
Jan 29, 2008 15:48
  • ELISA
will be in touch , i am retired .i do not know if i could work . my girlfriend is still trying to decide if she wants to come here or stay there . must make choice . is it hard for an american to live there . i have been there four times .liked it , i do not know about living there . will be in touch .
Jan 30, 2008 15:54
  • APAULT
Maybe you don't need to commit to living here all the time. You can live here for half the year and back at home or another SE Asia country the rest of the time. I am thinking on these lines myself, but on reaching the grand old age of 60 it becomes hard to get teaching jobs so it might be a bit hard to do.
Post a Reply to: living in china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code