Menu
Need a guide service
Jan 6, 2008 23:55
  • JANOO
visiting from toronto during the last week of Feb and needs a guide to show around in Shanghai and Yuwi.....may be Beijing.

Also how long will it take to go to Beijing from Shanghai via train if this is the best option and also to go to Yuwi from Shanghai.
Thanks
Jan 7, 2008 02:33
Hi,
Is it Yiwu,the city famous for small commodities in Zhejiang Province? If yes, it takes about 4 hours by bus from Shanghai.
From Shanghai to Beijing,you can take the direct train, it takes around 12 hours. The other solution is go there by airplane, it takes less than two hours,the total ticket charge is 1130RMB and maybe you can get good discount then.
Anyway,if you need my help,please contact me by email,hotmail.com|angela-shanghai. I could be your guide,shopping assistant.
Jan 7, 2008 03:15
  • LILYSPRING88

Dear Janoo,

Glad to know you. Hope you have a good time in

China.

From Shanghai to Beijing, you can take the train

start with D and then it will take about 10 hours( no need

12 hours) ALso from Shanghai to Yiwu, can also take the

train of D, about 2 hours.

Wish you everything smooth!

Jo Qiao

Shanghai, China

Jan 7, 2008 16:58
  • ELLYSE
There're different types of trains for Shanghai -- Beijing. Listed from the best quality train to the lousiest quality -- in terms of comfort.
1) Daytime D train (10 hours): 2nd-class seat 452 RMB, 1st-class seat 542 RMB
1) Overnight Z train (11.5 hours): soft seat 283 RMB, soft sleeper 478/499 RMB for upper/lower bunk
2) Overnight T train (13 hours): hard seat 179 RMB, hard sleeper 306/317/327 RMB for upper/middle/lower bunk, soft sleeper 478/499 RMB for upper/lower bunk
3) K train (19.5+ hours): can never get decent tickets, so don't bother with this
4) Lousy slow train (23+ hours): hard seat 88 RMB, hard sleeper 176/183/190 RMB, soft sleeper 290/304 RMB
I wouldn't suggest going by hard seat, it's really too traumatic and not worth the savings. The D train is too expensive and a waste of money. The hard sleepers for the T trains are almost impossible to get so don't count on them. My best options would be soft seat or soft sleeper on the Z trains.
Shanghai -- Yiwu is quite easily done on trains or buses.
Post a Reply to: Need a guide service
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code