Menu
River Rafting in Guangxi?
Jan 7, 2008 03:38
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey hows it going,

Have any of you rode on a raft made of bamboo down a river in Guangxi? If so can you tell me a bit about it? such as availability, costs and any other information? I want to add it to my list of "To Do's". I don't know much other than pictures I have seen on various personal websites.

Thanks
Danny
Jan 7, 2008 17:01
  • ELLYSE
http://www.yangers.com/Yangshuo_Bamboo_ratfing.htm
Jan 7, 2008 21:46
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Thanks Ellyse, your like the Travel Q n A queen around here.
Jan 8, 2008 01:23
  • ELLYSE
ROFL, thanks for the compliment.
Jan 8, 2008 04:57
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
No prob.
Jan 9, 2008 10:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes
I've done the trip and the raft can carry two people with two bicycles and the cost can vary considerably.

Depends what time of the year, how long your journey is and how good you are at bargaining.

I think we paid Y50 per person for two hours going slow enough to enjoy the scenery and a swim as well. I think that was great value and our boat men were very pleasant and not at all pushy.
Jan 10, 2008 01:14
  • APAULT
You can pay upto Y180 per person if you book it in the city. That includes the bus out there. It seems many boats are owned by absentee businessmen and the rafters are just employees so it is not always possible to get a good deal.

Note that it is a touristy thing, with floating stalls where you can buy highly priced snacks, drinks and photos. It is not white water rafting, just a lazy morning paddle downstream. many ppl take a water pump to spray other boats with, so make sure you have good bags for cameras etc.
Jan 11, 2008 00:50
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Thats great to know, thanks for the great answers. Do all these raft people speak mostly mandarin?
Post a Reply to: River Rafting in Guangxi?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code