Menu
Chinese adoption - help needed
Jan 9, 2008 23:40
  • AL32
Hi,

Two of my good friends back in Canada are cherishing the dream of adopting a Chinese kid. I don't have all the details on what they have done so far on this, but I do know that they initiated the official process a few months ago and that not much is moving along since. They told me that they can go on-line and see the estimation of time needed to process their request and that the numbers are not encouraging: the estimate is now at 2 years+ and they have seen numbers as high as in excess of 30 months.

So, I thought that I would ask here if anyone has (successfully) been through this process before and if he/she would be ready to help them. Anyone has hints, tips, suggestions, contact names or agencies; anything that could help shorten the long waiting time?

I did not read/search the forum on this particular topic yet, but that too; if anyone did or knows of any usefull info, please link me up!!

I'd really like to help my friends to fulfill their very honorable dream of sharing their love with and bringing a better life to a kid in needs.

Not to mention that I would also like to see my friends visiting me here in China before 2-3 years from now...

Anyway, any info is good and will be appreciated. Thanks in advance from all of us.

/ AL
Jan 10, 2008 01:40
  • APAULT
With China you have to be patient....unless you have the connections and or a few brown paper bags.

There is a big agency in Guangzhou on Shamian Island which I have passed many times when visiting Gz. I did a quick search and found some battle stories, they might help.

Aren't there kids in your own country, or otherwise closer to home? (Just a question!)
Post a Reply to: Chinese adoption - help needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code