Menu
Can I change New Zealand dollars to yuan in Zhanjiang city-Guangdong Province
Jan 11, 2008 03:43
  • IBAUSSIE
hello
I am traveling to Zhanjiang in the Gaungdong province for the spring festival in February and would like to know if i can change New Zealand dollars into RMB in this region.Specifically Zhanjiang city.Is this possible or will i have to change it to another currency first,ie American dollars or Hong Kong Dollars.
I will be in Hong Kong for a few hours so will I be able do the NZ $ to RMB
there.

Thanks
Pedro
Jan 11, 2008 07:46
  • APAULT
You should not have any problem changing Kiwi dollars in Zhanjiang, (where I used to live). I think you will need to change them in the southern district of Sheshan ( I think that is the spelling) as there are no large banks in the north district of Chikan. Otherwise there are several large hotels in the commercial area which is sited between the two districts I mentioned, but of course hotels don't offer great rates. You can also do as you say and buy RMB in HK.

Personally, I prefer to use a visa or mastercard and only carry a small amount of foreign currency.

Jan 11, 2008 08:05
  • JABAROOTOO
Bank of China is the best place to change currency. Just ask where the main branch in town.
Jan 11, 2008 11:59
  • JOHNFONTANA
From my experience, Citi bank charges the least fee, and best service if you have an account with them. But I'm from US. Not sure if you are a CitiBank customer.
Post a Reply to: Can I change New Zealand dollars to yuan in Zhanjiang city-Guangdong Province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code