Menu
Hq Hostel in XI'an...and booking train tickets
Jan 15, 2008 00:05
  • JOYFULDUCKY
Hi!

Has anyone ever stayed in the HQ hostel in Xi'an? I think they are fairly new.

They seem to be very good through corresponding with them about a place to stay, but we are thinking of booking our advanced train tickets to Shanghai through them and wanted to know if anyone else had experience with them.

Thanks!
Jan 15, 2008 08:55
  • APAULT
Yes, it is new. I saw a reference to it recently, owned by a Kiwi who has spent most of his life travelling. It will need to be a good hostel as the competition is strong in Xi'an, the others are excellent.
Jan 15, 2008 13:40
  • JOYFULDUCKY
Thanks!

Have you taken any of the tours from Xi'an? Should you book these in advance or find them when you're there?

Any reccomendations, other than Terra Cotta Warriors and the Muslim Quarter and the usual things in Xi'an?

Jan 16, 2008 08:31
  • APAULT
That's about all I did. Ask the hostel.

Maybe TCG should run tours to its offices!!!

Outside the south wall in summer there is free entertainmnet.

TCW: make sure you head to your right when you get off the bus... the left side is the exit ...and it's a long walk back.
Jan 16, 2008 23:00
GUEST57251 I booked 2 soft sleeper train tickets from Xian to Chengdu with Hq hostel before. They charge 35 yuan per ticket for the service and we had absolutely no problem, they gave us the tickets when we arrived in Xian. The place is new and small but the service is top notch.
Jan 29, 2008 20:10
GUEST62246 As a follow-up, we deposited money through the Bank of China and the tickets were waiting for us when we arrived- nothing short of miraculous in the middle of the New Year's travelling season when tickets are like gold to find!

- joyfulducky
Post a Reply to: Hq Hostel in XI'an...and booking train tickets
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code