Menu
Shenzhen to go or not to go?
Jan 15, 2008 02:30
  • BALLY
Hi

I am going to China in April and Wanted to know if its worth going to Shenzhen, im pushed for time already, is it worth going there for a day and is there anything worth seeing?

Thanks
Jan 15, 2008 04:56
  • JABAROOTOO
Save it for another time. You might find yourself passing through on the way to HK some day
Jan 15, 2008 11:04
  • BILLCAI
Hi Bally,
Shenzhen is a nice city, no matter for sight-seeing or for business, so I think, if time permit, you can go and have a look.
Jan 15, 2008 12:10
  • BALLY
I am very pushed for time in China so only wanted to go if there is anything worth seeing..What are the main attractions on Shenzhen?
Jan 16, 2008 08:00
  • LIONPOWER
Theme park, " Window of the world"
And
Shenzhen also window of China.
Jan 16, 2008 08:14
  • BALLY
Please expand on what you mean by theme park and window of china?
Jan 16, 2008 08:38
  • APAULT
The Window on the World is a theme park with (large) miniature world features such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Eiffel Tower etc. Greart concept for people who don't have the opportunity to travel, but as u have come to China u might do better to visit something else...like another city. I don't know it well but it struck me as a shoppers paradise...well it is next to HK. It is totally modern but has some nice treed hills. My students, especially the girls, like it because it is modern and has great shopping.

So I disagree with my good friend Bill. I suggest that Guangzhou is a better bet if you want somewhere in this general area
Jan 16, 2008 08:45
  • BALLY
Thanks for that tip! I think ill give it a miss then as I can see theme parks in the UK and would rather see those places in person than as minitures at a theme park, if all else there is there is shopping then I can do this in any part of Asia. So unless there is anything great to see other than shopping ill pass.
Feb 24, 2008 00:23
  • ELLYSE
It'd be wise to forget it.
Feb 24, 2008 01:03
  • BARONTWANGLE
Definitely don't go to Shenzhen - It will bore the pants off of you. If you are from the UK, then I would liken it to somewhere like Stevenage, or Peterborough! Nothing to see there. Where else do you have planned to visit?
Feb 24, 2008 12:15
GUEST83326 Am told Window of the World is the only theme park worth a visit.

Massage is CHEAP !!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shenzhen to go or not to go?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code