Menu
Will u make handcrafts for your lover in corporeal years?
Jan 16, 2008 02:02
  • SUMMERSNOW
To Ladies,

Today’s world is a world of material affluence. We all seem to hold the belief that money can buy almost all the daily necessities. To buy some small gifts is a small case. So it does. If you make some handicrafts for your lover, it means a lot to both your lover and your love. Will u knit a sweater, a shawl or a scarf for your lover?

To gentlemen:

A friend talked about her boyfriend when we chatted online: “ my Bf once hinted me that if a girl knits a scarf for him, he will marry her, you know, I can not do any sewing and knitting.”

Gentlemen, put aside the issue of marrying or not, will u be moved if a girl (your gal) give you a DIY gift?
Jan 16, 2008 03:30
  • DODGER
It would be a gift from the heart just made for me.
Dodger
Jan 16, 2008 03:36
  • JIMMYB
Quote: A friend talked about her boyfriend when we chatted online: “ my Bf once hinted me that if a girl knits a scarf for him, he will marry her, you know, I can not do any sewing and knitting.”

I receieved a scarf sent by a female friend as a Christmas gift. Does that mean I should get married with her? We are just friends. Does the scarf have a symbolic meaning? To tie you with her forever? i don't know. To my understanding, scarf is used to make you feel warmer. Nothing more. BTW, your username is cool. Summersnow, does snow fall in summer? Just kidding. Hope you don't mind.
Jan 16, 2008 03:38
  • JIMMYB
Quote: Gentlemen, put aside the issue of marrying or not, will u be moved if a girl (your gal) give you a DIY gift?

Yes, SUMMERSNOW, especially she can't knit a scarf but tries very hard to learn knitting.
Jan 16, 2008 08:54
  • CARLOS
I would be moved, I would feel the gift contains feelings in it.
A bought gift may be the same, but there´s nothing from the person that gives it.

I like to give poems. I can´t make poetry myself, but I read poetry and if I find a nice poem, I sometimes write it down and give it to someone I feel that poem would touch.

Carlos
Jan 16, 2008 10:41
  • GRIZ326
I thought the title of this thread was "Will you make handcuffs for your lover...."

Old eyes can be so much fun!!! *HEHEHE*

It is easy to buy beautiful gifts, but a hand-made gift is as good as a gift gets.
Jan 16, 2008 20:56
  • LEONARDO
>>I receieved a scarf sent by a female friend as a Christmas gift. Does that mean I should get married with her? We are just friends. Does the scarf have a symbolic meaning? To tie you with her forever? i don't know. To my understanding, scarf is used to make you feel warmer. Nothing more. <<

Yes, Jimmyb, scarf is used to keep warm. That is the tangible utility of scarf. You do feel warm after wearing the scarf, right? More importantly, you feel warm at the bottom of your heart since you noticed that there is a lady who cares about you. Your heart should flutter when you wear the scarf. There might be tens of guys around your female friend. Did he give each of her male friends such a special gift? Probabbly not. You statement that " scarf is used to make you feel warmer. Nothing more." is really not nice. I think the girl who sent you that gift may get very depressed and disappointed. If I were that girl, I would think that you are a little bit coldhearted. Remember, the scarf is not only a stuff. It was knitted by someone who cares about you. It carries personal feeling, concerns and even passion.
Jan 17, 2008 00:18
  • JIMMYB
Quote: I think the girl who sent you that gift may get very depressed and disappointed. If I were that girl, I would think that you are a little bit coldhearted. Remember, the scarf is not only a stuff. It was knitted by someone who cares about you. It carries personal feeling, concerns and even passion.

Thanks for your reminding, LEONARDO. Now I understand that scarf is not just a scarf. It carries her feeling, concerns and even passion. To add, it also carries friendship or love. Girls usually knit scarf or gloves for their boyfriend. Of course, there are exceptions. I am an exception.
Jan 17, 2008 00:19
  • JIMMYB
BTW, where are the girls? Only five boys aired their opinions here.
Jan 17, 2008 19:39
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“my Bf once hinted me that if a girl knits a scarf for him…”

What’s with the hinting? I thought men are direct? LOL!

I hesitated to answer this because I came from a country with no winter; therefore, knitting gloves, a sweater or a scarf is unheard of. We don’t wear them! And I cannot knit anyway. However, I like doing some paper crafts, so I usually cross stitched my bf’s name or initials and use it to make a greeting card for him. I also baked some sweets for my bf before for his birthday, but he didn’t like them. Oh well… it’s ok.
Jan 17, 2008 20:21
  • JIMMYB
Well, I guess that girls are indirect so that they just knit scarf, gloves or sweater to give a hint to boys. Usually, girls knit scarf, gloves and sweater just for their lover as I said. Perhaps, they just express their 'feelings' in this way. If so, I must miss a good girl. But actually not. She told me that I was one of my closest frineds and have helped me a lot. The scarf was just for warm-keeping. Of course, it always reminds me that there is a friend who cares about me.
Post a Reply to: Will u make handcrafts for your lover in corporeal years?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code