Menu
How China Loses the Coming Space War
Jan 16, 2008 02:37
  • JOHNNY512
Military experts and strategists have forecasted that a space war could happen in the future. In my humble opinion, a space war is very likely to happen, but I am not sure who will win the space war.

I read an article entitled " How China Loses the Coming Space War". It was written by Geoffrey Forden, PhD -- an MIT research associate. Here is a preface of the article :(for more information, viisit this site:
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/01/inside-the-chin.html)

A year ago to the day, China knocked a weather satellite out of orbit, and threw the international community into panic. Some figured the satellite-killer test was the harbinger of a future war in space -- the kind of conflict that could cripple a tech-dependent United States military. Geoffrey Forden, PhD -- an MIT research associate and a former UN weapons inspector and strategic weapons analyst at the Congressional Budget Office -- examines the possibilities of an all-out Chinese assault on American satellites.
Jan 16, 2008 02:37
  • JOHNNY512
After you read it, please let me know what you think of the possibility of the future space war and what your opinions on the article.

Jan 16, 2008 10:48
  • GRIZ326
It will take a while to read...it is a 3 part article.
Jan 16, 2008 21:41
  • JCNILE123
It will only happen if Chinese go crazy; will you kill to be killed?
Jan 17, 2008 12:14
  • GRIZ326
The premise was that China wanted to take over Taiwan and feared that the US would intercede.

The Chinese attempt to take out US satellite systems to disable the US high technology military weapons in a first strike to force the US into conventional warfare. The conclusion appears to be that China does not currently have the resources to disable enough US satellite systems to render US hi-tech weaponry inoperable.

I don't know if I should accept the premise: that the US should/would get involved if China tried to retake Taiwan.

Years ago I wrote a newspaper editor on the coming war with China. It asserted that US ignorance and arrogance would be the cause of a war with China. It suggested that we find some diplomats with real understanding of the Chinese way before we step our own feet.

However, China's stance is becoming more aggressive...like the boy in a school yard who is feeling his oats. North Korea and Taiwan are two examples recently in the news.

If the US wants or needs to spank China, it must be sooner rather than later because China's development will make the country "too big to spank."
Jan 18, 2008 10:25
  • AL32
I haven't read the article, but I'd say that deliberately knocking off any foreign satellite by any country, would be considered act of war anyway.
And I'm sure that the " all-out Chinese assault on American satellites." is, was or will be very well considered and covered for with alternatives.
But, oh boy! would they be pissed!!..

And Grizz,... It's sad to talk about war this way but anyway:
too big to spank but, a little sting can hurt a lot too...
Jan 19, 2008 21:16
  • ZOEY
At present, US maintain space superiority over China, but in a few years later, China will cacth up with USA. China's space ambition will be realized by 2050.
Apr 22, 2008 20:05
GUEST72435 Peace will keep China prosperous and the envy of the world.
Post a Reply to: How China Loses the Coming Space War
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code