Menu
A good wife never grumbles?
Jan 17, 2008 03:16
guestmuse Are you familiar with this saying: it’s a good horse that never stumbles,
A good wife that never grumbles"?

Is it real? Do any of you believe in this doctrine? A friend told me that he was tired of his wife, because she always picked on him and complained. Several days ago, I happened upon a western man on a chatting net. He said that he had divorced twice. Now, he wants to marry a wife that never grumbles. He overheard that Asian women are very traditional and submissive. So he is planning to hunt for an Asian woman. I can not help laughing when I heard his words. I can't help questioning if all men wants a wife who is as meek as a timid sheep. Does this kind of woman exist? Naive but picky guys.
Jan 17, 2008 03:24
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Does this kind of woman exist?

Definitely not. Unless he married a dumb girl.
Jan 17, 2008 11:51
  • GRIZ326
It is a good saying. Every girl child should be taught that by her mother.

However, in reality, a wife who never grumbled would become boring.

A good wife knows how to "grumble" without grumbling.
Jan 20, 2008 19:45
  • SUNNYDREAM
Men want wives who are as meek as timid sheep? Men are hard on their wives. A good wife never grumbles. Should a wife always be "playing dumb and numb"? Do men like this kind of women? Be aware, women are lively creature.
Jan 21, 2008 03:34
  • JOHNNY512
A good saying! A good horse never stumbles. A good wife never grumbles. Many women are like chatter-box. Most men do not want their wives to overtalk. Many wives like gossiping with their husbands on others' privacy and domestic affairs. Sometimes, their husbands are tired of the gossip.
Jan 21, 2008 10:17
  • LIONPOWER
Endless topic.
Yes, " Be aware, women are lively creature."
Jan 21, 2008 19:05
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Did I just hear men grumble? LOL!

In reality, both men and women grumble. There is a saying, “Pot calling kettle black.”

True. Women, just like men are living beings, not unfeeling inanimate objects. Even the thread starter laughed and mentioned that men like those are “naïve”.
Jan 21, 2008 19:19
  • ICEBLUE
Men and women are alike. Grumble is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, women grumbling about their husbands is to motivate them to work harder and become more enterprising. Men need someone to motivate them.
Jan 23, 2008 03:38
  • SUKKI
Quote: A good wife knows how to "grumble" without grumbling.

Right, quite a challenge~~see...men require rather a lot
Jan 24, 2008 02:36
  • AL32
I agree with ICEBLUE on this one: grumbling is not always a bad thing and is sometimes needed. So I don't agree with the 'a wife that never grumbles is a good wife' saying. But that being said, if or when there is grumble, there is definately room for a good talk...
I would rather like to say: A wife (or husband) that always smiles is a good wife.
Jan 24, 2008 15:17
  • JCNILE123
A good wife is an equal.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A good wife never grumbles?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code