Menu
Not a traveler! But china bound
Jan 17, 2008 09:30
guest20203 I'm not a traveler but my company is sending me to China (Changzhou and Jinhua). Should I be happy or petrified???

Jan 17, 2008 20:23
  • LEMONCACTUS
Both!

Is that Jinhua in Zhejiang Province? If so, I've passed through there and it seems OK. If you get chance, visit the nearby Double Dragon Caves (there's a review on here I wrote under Zhejiang)

LC
Jan 17, 2008 20:35
  • TOMSPENCER
I meet expats whose companies relocate them here for years at a time (family, furniture, pets and all). Given proper preparation by the companies sending them, they tend to arrive here with great enthusiasm and few serious concerns.

I think whether you're coming for a long stay or just a short business trip, decent forward planning is essential. Most worries about coming to China (or indeed any foreign land) stem from not knowing what to expect - we fear the unknown. Raise these concerns with your company as it will no doubt be in their best interests to make your trip as easy as possible. After all, the easier things go for you in China, the better you can get down to business.
Jan 18, 2008 04:31
  • JABAROOTOO
Most of us living here are enjoying the experience despite the odd difficulty and differences. That's that's what makes living here so much fun.

If you are being sent here then your biggest problem may be escaping from the endless rounds of wining and dining to have a little bit of time to yourself.

Come, expecting to be surprised, you surely will be and probably by things you least expect.

Welcome to China
Jan 18, 2008 10:37
  • AL32
That's what happen to me one and a half year ago and look at me now: I've since then lost that job and came on my own to work here 3-4 months ago. Don't worry it will be a great experience.
Post a Reply to: Not a traveler! But china bound
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code