Menu
Economy-Chinese job situation
Jan 26, 2008 18:25
  • GARYKINKADE
Question? According to CCTV9, 20% of the Chinese college graduates cannot find a job and yet during the Chinese New Year holidays there will be a 20% employee turn over rate to other jobs(better pay,job promotion,better working conditions?) So, aren't those people who are currently employed a little fearful of losing what they have by relocating during a tight labor market?
Jan 26, 2008 19:52
  • GARYKINKADE
Have re-read the question that I just posted and am sure if I understand what was asked....Hmm
Jan 26, 2008 20:42
  • MARRIE
i bet it's more than 20% since it's official stats. one way is extend edu yr, ie go on to post grad ...post phd. SO it china, edu is becoming business.
Jan 26, 2008 21:30
  • ELLEN77
In fact the students who joined in the phd exam has reduced a lot these two years. The market for them is also not optimistic.
The situation for the undergraduate students is painful.
Jan 27, 2008 21:57
  • GARYKINKADE
In general terms, the same problem is beginning to exist in the States. All the manufacturing is going overseas and so is finance, only to a lesser extent(?). So our college graduates thru Phd.(I would guess) are not going to recoup in $ for the time and money they incurred to get that higher education. Our country is rapidly becoming a service economy which generally means lower paying jobs.
Jan 28, 2008 08:46
  • MARRIE
oh, yes. round more than 60% of gdp from service indurstry in developed states, like banking, investment, insurance, communications tech, health, CHURCH, EDU, ect.

in big cities of china, like shanghai, is switching to those service industry...

besides, as per US media, shrinking job mkt is from mfg , even more, the trend is outsoucing service industry to China and other emerging countries in the east.
Post a Reply to: Economy-Chinese job situation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code