Menu
Men on moon, Women on mars
Jan 30, 2008 02:21
  • YVONNE
I am not sure how that saying goes, is it "men from the moon, women from mars" ? Scientists has proven that is very possible., Britain's Daily Mail reported yesterday that Images have emerged showing a mystery figure perched on a rock on Mars.

"The photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched was among several taken on the red planet and sent back to Earth by NASA's Mars explorer Spirit." Though no official confirmation has come from NASA on whether the figure is an alien or an optical illusion caused by landscape on Mars, it has set the Internet abuzz that there really is life on Mars. (from Xinhua agency)

Does life really exist on Mars? Will women land on mars first? If it comes true, the saying that women are from Mars get its ground. Possibly, women would move to Mars? Men moved to the moon? Should the earth be abandoned?

Jan 30, 2008 04:15
  • YEMMIE
Actually, the quote is, "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars." It is from a 1990s Western book about relationships between men and women. It is based on the notion that women think like Venus, the Roman Goddess of love, men like Mars, the Roman God of war. To learn to live with each other in harmony, each must learn to understand the other better.

I have not read the entire book, only a few excerpts, but I believe there is some validity there.

Now, back to the figures on the moon. Very interesting. I'd like to learn more about that.
Jan 30, 2008 09:58
  • GRIZ326
I actually thought it was the first picture of our Bigfoot! ;-)
Jan 30, 2008 16:37
  • DAVEC
The book is a very good read and I would recommend anyone to read it.
Its basics are that men and women are different in the way they think and do things. After reading the book you will have a better understanding of why your partner does a particular thing in a particular way for example.
Of course it doesnt work for everyone because I read it and still dont understand women.
Jan 31, 2008 03:53
  • DODGER
I have read the book too Dave, and like you are still in the dark. But the quest continues....
Dodger.
Jan 31, 2008 19:09
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Though no official confirmation has come from NASA on whether the figure is an alien or an optical illusion caused by landscape on Mars..."

Actually, it’s been confirmed by NASA that it is a rock.

"It's a two-inch piece of rock eroded by the wind," explained NASA spokesman Dwayne Brown.
"No one on the Mars Rover team is puzzled or surprised by the rock," he said. "I can guarantee you that if [the alien theory] had any validity, we would have a major press conference."

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325346,00.html

Does life really exist on Mars? (None proven so far, but it would be so cool to know that we are not alone. One of my wishes before I die. LOL!)

Will women land on mars first? (Man, woman, doesn't matter to me.)

Possibly, women would move to Mars? Men moved to the moon? Should the earth be abandoned? (Why?) O_o
Feb 3, 2008 03:51
  • AL32
Possibly, women would move to Mars? Men moved to the moon? Should the earth be abandoned? ----> I think that Yvonne's avatar is actually not just a cigar burning...if you see what I mean...LOL!!

But on the subject: are we alone in the Universe, I personally believe that we are not. I don't have any links, studies or books to refer to in order to back off my idea, but just picture for one moment how immense the Universe is: how many galaxies, constallations, stars ...that exist. Well, it is not so hard to imagine that somewhere in there, there is a planet that has similar climate, minerals and what not suitable for life.

Although life might have evolved differently there: three-legged, four eyed and what not. They might also (most likely) think differently because they are at a different stage of 'evolution'. But I don't believe we are alone. But, that thought alone doesn't make me feel particularily happy; I already had hard times with long-distance love..so I wont get excited about outter galaxy friends or creatures. hehe!!
Feb 3, 2008 19:20
  • SHESGOTTOBE
What? Al, you mean you’ve never entertained the idea of being abducted by a group of super gorgeous female aliens? I remember there’s a guy who claimed about this. ^_^

But I agree with you. I also believe (more like faith cause I don’t have proof either) that there is life out there. Even the astronomers, although they are scientists believe that the Universe is teeming with life based on the trillions of galaxies out there.
Feb 3, 2008 21:19
  • AL32
Hehe! No, that really never crossed my mind, but now that you talk about it... Abducted by a group of super georgous female sounds good; allien or not!!!
Hehe! ;-P

When are you coming back to China? OK, just joking!!
Post a Reply to: Men on moon, Women on mars
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code