Menu
Three weeks of power blackouts
Jan 31, 2008 09:27
  • JABAROOTOO
News reports today stated that some rural areas of southern Guizhou have been without power for over three weeks in the freezing wet weather.

Guiyang, the capital was without power for several days but mostly back to normal today.

It's cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 31, 2008 09:49
  • ADMIRAL
I am planning to enter Guizhou on Feb 12/08 I will be in Guizhou for about 10 days and I am hoping to attend the Long Horned Festival around the Liuzhi area. Any thoughts on cancelling this trip would be most welcome. I would like to brave it out but should I wait until next year? I have been planning for 2 years as I will also be going to Yunnan afterwards to photograph Luoping and Yuanyang.
Many thanks,
Admiral
Jan 31, 2008 12:23
  • JCNILE123
Very critical for the common people, I pray God for a speedy recovery all over China.

Nature can be heavy handed at times, we most keep our hopes and never give up, and Chinese people have proven over the times to be strong and to conquer the conqueror.

Jan 31, 2008 20:41
  • ICEBLUE
Three weeks of power blackout in the cold winter? This winter is horribly cold. Without power, how could the people get through the chilly weather?
Feb 3, 2008 10:29
  • APAULT
I certainly feel for these people as I really hate the cold. I think though that they will suffer less than us soft westerners. I like my home warm and walk around in a shirt with no sweaters. outdoors I am used to having a car with only short spells out in the open. If it gets cold at work we expect to go home! So many of us don't dress for the cold even in China. I don't wear thermal underwear and hate multiple layers of clothing. But I see that is how many Chinese (must) live. They are tougher. But for everyone, I hope the weather warms up soon.
Post a Reply to: Three weeks of power blackouts
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code