Menu
msn hostile bid for yahoo
Feb 14, 2008 09:36
  • MARRIE
Yahoo lost almost half its value in the past two years. It’s questionable that Yahoo could break Google’s hold on the market if Yahoo seek other social network like Facebook and Myspace for participation in the form of equity investment or control-based consolidation.

Since 90% of Yahoo holders are outsiders, Market takeover is possible if MS can obtain above 50% voting shares (control-based consolidation) through deals with institutions.

Feb 20, 2008 00:55
  • KEVIN0518
Yesterday, Bill Gates said that MS wouldn't raise its bid for Yahoo and he thought the bid was fair and acceptable. Since MS raised its bid for Yahoo, MS's shares went down about 13 percent. He also said that MS would invest more money in searching area to compete with Google even MS fails to merge with Yahoo!.
Feb 24, 2008 09:38
  • MARRIE
Kevin, 02/19/08, one day before your commets, is ex-dividend day for MS. ie, on or after this date, no recent divd. available any more. check with charts, days before ex-divid. how much gained or yield if in and out during days by ex-divid.
Feb 25, 2008 00:04
  • ZENCHEN
The benefit is I can use MSN to chat with Yahoo Messenger
Feb 25, 2008 19:05
  • JIMMYB
Quote: "The benefit is I can use MSN to chat with Yahoo Messenger"

Zenchen, hope your dream can be realized. Actually, you can register an MSN account with your Yahoo! mail.
Feb 26, 2008 17:43
  • ERENCIUS
Quote:
I don t think Microsoft is in a position that could bother Google on its own field.
I think Microsoft wishes to have a foot in the place, to contain Google's growth, not to monopolize the market (MSN and Yahoo are far too weak for this). After all it is a sector in which Microsoft isnt well implented so it is just diversifying its products nothing else.

It is an incredible price indeed for a company such as Yahoo. But by now many companies' value on the stock market is no more linked with the reality of these companies. Some economists even fear that the 2 markets become completly independent soon. What do you think about this ? (I know I m changing the subject)
Feb 26, 2008 18:01
  • MARRIE
Did you guys have trouble logging in hotmail today. It’s interesting that it happens at the point of MS bid offer to Yahoo.

I think consolidation between MS and Yahoo is to avoid waste of resource –R&D. Anti-monopoly encourages more competition between MS and Google in the business line of search engine and on line ads assuming MS (#1 button-up software maker) acquires Yahoo.
Feb 26, 2008 20:39
  • JIMMYB
I didn't know that poeple had trouble in logging in hotmail. Perhaps, I should check if I could log in MSN with my Yahoo! account.
Feb 28, 2008 16:13
  • ERENCIUS
Quote:
"to avoid waste of resource R&D"
This is true it will cut some important costs and it also lets MS enter a market it is not really involved in.
Feb 28, 2008 16:16
  • ERENCIUS
Quote:
"Did you guys have trouble logging in hotmail today. It’s interesting that it happens at the point of MS bid offer to Yahoo."
There are a lot of servers concerned : if only one fails just a small region will be affected. The rest of the world wont even notice it.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: msn hostile bid for yahoo
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code