Menu
What dates to visit for gardens blooming in spring?
Feb 1, 2008 16:33
guest64205 I visited Suzhou in the fall but want to see the gardens flowering in the spring - when would be the best dates to plan? Thank you
Feb 1, 2008 19:46
  • LEONARDO
The best season to visit Suzhou is from March to October. If you want to see the blooming flowers, April would be the right time, since this year the spring would come later than the normal year. So far( February), the weather is still cold. It will be very likely that the the flowers would not have bloomed vigorously by the Mid-March.
Feb 3, 2008 09:25
GUEST64205 Thank you very much. any more hints you have for visiting would be very welcome.
Feb 4, 2008 06:18
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Normally the blooming time in "Jiangnan" (Suzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing....) for Plum is the last week of Feb and first half of March, the Chinese Cherry in April. I was also planning a trip to view the Chinese plum bloosoms in early March but given the sudden and lingering snow... seems like it's still unsure when the flowers will bloom this year :(
Feb 4, 2008 09:53
GUEST64205 Thank you very much - I will wait to plan the trip
Feb 24, 2008 01:34
  • ELLYSE
I would suspect perhaps early April.
Feb 26, 2008 03:16
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Read this in the News Release secton... seems like it's time to go at least for the plums

The 13th Nanjing Int'l Plum Blossom Festival to Open on Feb. 22nd
Published : 1:52 A.M. EST, Feb 18, 2008
News from Jiangsu Province's Nanjing City reports that the 13th Nanjing International Plum Blossom Festival will be opened at Meihua (plum blossom) Mountain, inside Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum between February 22nd and March 22nd. Covering an area of over 252 acres, the Meihua Mountain has more than 30 thousand plum trees, which belong to over 350 categories. During the festival, a series of exhibitions, such as plum bonsai, local folk customs, and cultural collection of Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), will be presented to visitors. In addition, visitors may take a walk through 'Chinese Gourmet Food Street' where various local specialties will be available for tasting.
Feb 28, 2008 08:54
  • JABAROOTOO
Here in Chongqing, despite the cold and a little snow the stone fruit trees are flowering. Even before Spring festival some of the cherry blossoms in our gardens were budding and blooming. Such audacity in such a cold winter
Mar 2, 2008 04:37
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Good to know after the hard, cold winter this year, looks like spring is in the air now
Post a Reply to: What dates to visit for gardens blooming in spring?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code