Menu
weather question......
Feb 2, 2008 06:23
  • FREEBIRDNZ
Hi all,

I planned on travelling to China Jan 08 for 1 month. Below is a rough guide on my route from Beijing to Hong Kong.

Beijing > Xi'an > Three Gorges > Guangxi > Hong Kong.

I wanted to know how cold it would be taking in mind that I will be doing all this in 1 month with stops in between but the above is a guide.

The research I have done so far is telling me it will be FREEZING! I didn't even think to research this first which sounds silly but I just assumed it would be nice and warm! It will be hard to change my dates now as I am doing a round world ticket but just wanted to get some feedback about exactly how cold it will be.

Your advice would be appreciated!

Freebirdnz
Feb 2, 2008 19:39
GUEST77243 Jan 08??? Were you trying to say Feb 08?

In Beijing and Xi'an, It will be quite cold. The temperature definitely drops to below zero every night and -10 C is not unusual.

As for Three Gorges and Guangxi (I assume you are going to Guilin), the lows are just above zero and the highs are around 10s. And it is humid with fog and drizzle.

Hong Kong is not bad, though the nights could be a bit cool.
Feb 2, 2008 21:37
  • ELLEN77
News said that the snow will stop from Jan 8 in South China. But it is still very chilly. It is really not a good time to travel due to the passenger flow.
Feb 3, 2008 07:24
  • APAULT
It will be cold cold! Not only will you be travelling inthe busiest time of the year but the recent bad weather nationwide has sent the whole transport system into chaos. Good luck!
Feb 4, 2008 04:51
  • FREEBIRDNZ
Hi there everyone,

I typed the date wrong...... I meant Jan 2009. It will still be VERY cold I know so I now have decided not to go to China at all and leave it for the warmer part of the year :-(

Thanks for your replies!

Freebirdnz
Feb 4, 2008 09:44
  • APAULT
Remember it can get very hot in the summer !
Post a Reply to: weather question......
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code