Menu
How to go Chengdu - Langzhong
Feb 3, 2008 08:00
  • CEES
I go to Chengdu in the 1st week of April for lectures on Sichuan University and I have some spare time. I like to visit the ancient town Langzhong North-East of Chengdu. Can anyone help me to find the way to go there. Which station and what time is a bus Chengdu - Langzhong? Can I go by train to Langzhong?
Thank you for your messages and I wish you a Happy year of the Rat,

Cees
Feb 3, 2008 09:10
GUESTMARK Hi Cees,

I just returned to Chengdu from a trip to Langzhong and would strongly recommend a visit. Do dress warmly though, as it's mighty cold this time of year.

To get to Langzhong it takes about 5 1/2 to 6 hours from Chengdu. You want to go to the North train station, NOT Xinnanmen, which is the main station. Don't make that mistake (which I did!).

Tickets will be about 90 kuai each way, and buses seem to leave quite regularly through to the afternoon. I'm not sure about first and last buses though.

Hope this helps!

-Mark
Feb 3, 2008 14:35
GUEST93128 You will need to go to Nanchong first. There are many trains/buses travelling between Chengdu and Nanchong every day.
When you arrive in Nanchong, you can find many buses going to Langzhong as well.

There are some services directly from Chengdu to Langzhong too. However they are not so flexible and booking in advance may be necessary. Langzhong has no railway.

BTW Nanchong is the biggest city in east Sichuan and it is worth seeing too.
Post a Reply to: How to go Chengdu - Langzhong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code