Menu
Jiuzhaigou tours
Feb 4, 2008 17:09
  • EWELINA
Does anybody know where to go in Chengdu to book a tour to Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong? Maybe any English webpages to check before?How long do the tours usually last and how much are they? Do you have to book in advance or can you book on the day of arrival?

Thanks
Feb 4, 2008 20:44
GUEST11147 i have been to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong. went without a tour group. Basically, once you get to either place, you just follow the routes. You can get there by bus or plane from Chengdu. If I remember correctly,the bus takes about 10 hours or so, but often there are rock slides and other causes for traffic jams. Juizhaigou is about 300 rmb for 2 days, including the bus pass (you almost need the bus pass) that gets you around the park. We stayed in the park, which is technically forbidden, with the locals for 40 yuan a night. There isnt much to do in the park after sundown, but its cheap and you can get a fairly early start. there are places just outside the park that are more expensive. You only need a day to visit huanglong (or at least 1 valley- I only visited the one) and the price is 200 yuan. From the airport, you can go to a nearby village and stay at a hostel or hotel and takes buses or hire drivers to both places, which can take up to an hour and a half, if you find a close village. The bus from Chengdu will probably take you right to songpan village or another nearby village. Granted, I went with a chinese speaker, which really helped. But I think if you prepared well and know a little chinese or wrote the characters you need, you could do it alone. There is an official Huanglong site (forget the name) that explains the details of that park. It is quite a distance from Jiuzhaigou, at least an hour, and I would reccommend at least 2 days for juizhaigou and 1 for huanglong. Also, taxi rides to the parks, which can be pricey, would be less money if there are 4 of you. The parks and transportation arent cheap, so depending on the tour group prices, it may just be easier to do it alone.
Feb 5, 2008 03:42
  • EWELINA
thanks for that. actually i'd prefer to go on my own. but since i don't have any sence of direction i'm just afraid i'll wonder off and get lost. and it looks like it's not so easy to find a place to stay in there in case i miss my last return bus :(
Feb 24, 2008 01:46
  • ELLYSE
Don't bother with any tours to Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong. Suffice to say that most aren't worth the money. It's actually very easy to DIY and you'll enjoy yourself much better.
The road leading away from the main park entrance is chock-full of accommodation options at varying prices and standards, so you definitely don't need to worry about not having a place to stay, if you're stranded!
Feb 24, 2008 11:36
GUEST83326 #1,

The CNY300 you mentioned is for 1 day or 2 days ? According to guidebook, the entrance for a day, adult is CNY220 and a bus pass for a day is CNY80 or 90 depends on season making it around CNY300 for a day.
Feb 24, 2008 22:54
  • ELLYSE
Take a mugshot at the entrance when you buy the admission ticket (this service is provided for free) to be printed on the ticket and you'll be able to enter on the consecutive day for free. Note that this doesn't apply for the National Day holiday week of 1-7/10.
Apr 16, 2008 11:16
GUEST24181 Is end of September or end of October a better time to travel to Huanglong Jiuzhaigou? We don't want to have to fight huge crowds. On the other hand, being at such altitudes, October may be a little too cold.
I am not worried about hotels in Jiuzhaigou. But what about Huanglong? Since the two parks are at opposite directions from Jiuhuang airport, my plan is to overnight Huanglong, visit the park for half a day, go to Jiuzhai for 2 days, then fly out. Is this a good plan? I searched Huanglong hotels on the internet but didn't find anything. Could anyone suggest anything?
Thanks!!!
Apr 16, 2008 22:33
  • ELLYSE
End of September, probably.
Apr 23, 2008 00:26
  • JABAROOTOO
Most accommodation for Huanglong is at the little village called, Chuan Zhi Si between the Airport and Songpan some distance from the park itself.
There are a couple of guest houses in the park but remember transport is not favourable to overnighting. You would have to have your driver stay with you or come back in the morning. There is no public transport or airport shuttle

Juizhaigou has and airport shuttle Y45 per person
Reda other review on website for more details
Apr 23, 2008 02:58
  • ELLYSE
Chuanzhusi, not Chuanzhisi. :) Just a minor correction there!
Post a Reply to: Jiuzhaigou tours
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code