Menu
The most instable regions in 50 years
Feb 20, 2008 03:31
guesthi I chanced upon this forum and noticed that you guys have a great discussion here. Have you noticed the Kosovo Independence? Since there has been a thread concerning this topic, I don't want to talk about this topic. My question is: do you think which region will be the most instable in the next 50 years, Middle East, Africa, or Eastern Europe? How about south Africa and Mexico? North America will be possibly the most stable region in the future?
Feb 22, 2008 03:38
GUESTWARRIOR Without any doubt, Middle East will be the storm-centre.
Feb 22, 2008 09:26
  • GARYKINKADE
If the U.S. doesn't start to get it's act together in regards to the economy then it's stability will be in question in the near future. The U.S. needs to be more reliable on solar and wind power as does the rest of the countries. But as long as the oil companies have influence over governments then it will never happen.Take away the "oil factor" and there will be much more stability in the world, contrary to what the government is telling me. My guess is that the Middle East will still be the "hotbed" of turmoil.
Feb 27, 2008 19:56
  • FRANKENSTEIN
The increasing demand for oil to fuel economic growth will deteriorate the international security situation. Those areas rich in oil is very likely be the most instable regions: Middle East, North Africa, South America.
Feb 28, 2008 19:29
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I cannot wait for the day when the world will stop using oil. Then, let’s see what we will fight about next.

In terms of mental evolution, humans are really still kids. You know how kids are. They see a toy, they fight over it. At least until they see another toy, then they move on and leave the first toy and fight over the new toy. O_o
Feb 29, 2008 00:41
  • CHERYL
'I cannot wait for the day when the world will stop using oil. Then, let’s see what we will fight about next. '
Shesgottobe,
What a creative assumption!
Feb 29, 2008 12:00
  • JCNILE123
Russia is the most unstable part of the world today day's

One of the larger nuclear stockpiles on earth,
With a Putin ready to flex the petro dollars muscle.
With a grandiose dream for power.
Mar 1, 2008 20:58
  • YVONNE
"I cannot wait for the day when the world will stop using oil. Then, let’s see what we will fight about next. "

We will fight about water. Fresh water is becoming rarer. More warfares will be triggered by the shortage of fresh water.
Mar 2, 2008 21:46
  • SUMMERSNOW
In fact, the whole world is infested with uncertainties. Before "9.11", most of us think that the North America is the safest place in the globe. The truth tells that we are wrong. After " 9.11", successive terrrist attacks happened aroungd the globe: Madrid, London, Bombay. In a world shadowed by terrorism, can you feel safe?
Mar 13, 2008 23:33
  • GRIZ326
Without wise leadership the USA could become unstable. We are so accustomed to an easy life in the USA that as it becomes more challenging, many will become unhappy. It will take brilliant leaders to get us through that time.
Mar 14, 2008 00:22
  • GARYKINKADE
Water----water was mention on this thread----now that's a good point. Hoover Dam(Lake Mead)USA is down appx. 100 feet and it supplies Las Vegas and other western areas. Now that's really going to be an economic impact for the area if the water problem is not resolved. I'm sure that China has the same problem in the West and South provinces. So Griz,your an engineer, how is the problem going to be solved?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The most instable regions in 50 years
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code