Menu
Spilling-berg a left wing zealot
Feb 20, 2008 10:20
  • JCNILE123
Hollywood director Steven Spielberg's decision to quit the Beijing Olympics over the Darfur crisis is drawing condemnation by China's state-controlled media and a groundswell of criticism from the Chinese public.
Last week, the American director withdrew from his role as an artistic adviser to the opening and closing ceremonies of the Summer Games, accusing China of not doing enough to press for peace in the troubled Sudanese region.

Spilling-berg, a LEFT WING ZEALOT, mentally disturbed rich Hollywood boy, who thinks his money empowers him to take go and manage other people’s matters.
China’s Olympic Games will not miss him.
He can go with his millions to Sudan and help the people in need, do you agree?
Feb 20, 2008 22:19
  • WCTMAN
Your criticism of one of the greatest, most inventive movie making genius's of all time is completely uncalled for. In the West, people are entitled to their own opinions, and while I for one may not agree with his stance re Darfur, I respect his right to say and believe what he wants. His position as a movie maker has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Feb 21, 2008 10:10
  • JCNILE123
I can understand your meaning, however on my opinion, been a smart moviemaker are not qualifications to attempt to go to a foreign nation and pretend to influence policymaking, nor any individual can demand a change on policy or else.

Think about a prominent Chinese citizen coming to America and telling us how we most manage our relations with Iran, other wise he will not teach us how best to celebrate the half time at the super bowl.

You know what the answer is going to be, from us or any other sovereign nation in the planet.

Quote, (((In the West, people are entitled to their own opinions)))

Yes, you are correct, and so you can read my opinion, and vise versa I read yours.

Quote, (((I respect his right to say and believe what he wants))))

Therefore, you and I have the opportunity to express our self too.

He is a good moviemaker, which is all. (That is my point.)
Feb 21, 2008 18:21
  • GRIZ326
He has a right to his opinion, but he is behaving like a jerk.
Feb 24, 2008 01:20
  • APAULT
No, he is doing what I have right to do - If I don't like the policies of my employer I can quit.
Feb 29, 2008 12:59
  • JCNILE123
I think you are right Paul as you speak about you and I as average Joe’s on the labor market.

However, I have to disagree with you about this matter, because this joker was aware of the Chinese-Sudan issues long before he accepted the job.

The difference is that you and I go to a new job to learn about the employer that just hired us.

This man was consciously aware of the situation before hand.

If your point is valid, he should have said No thank You before hand.
Post a Reply to: Spilling-berg a left wing zealot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code