Menu
Chinese Character
Feb 21, 2008 01:54
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey whats up,

is that a Chinese Character in the yellow box?

Feb 21, 2008 03:51
  • YVONNE
Yes, it is a Chinese character 易 and the book is called 易经 in Chinese. It is one of the most classic books.
Feb 21, 2008 10:35
  • GRIZ326
I see that you got my favorite Chinese book, Danny.

It is a wonderful work: you can use it as a fortune telling game or as a great book on the philosophy of life; either is enjoyable. I stopped using it as a fortune telling tool in the 1970s and now just enjoy reading it.
Mar 3, 2008 23:12
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hi Steve,

Yeah I had got the book through amazon because they give great deals on shipping if ordering more than one. I have not got the chance to dive in to it yet because I am reading another translation of Sun Tzu's "Art of War" currently. Have you read this book yet? I can recommend a good translation as this is my third translation of this amazing book.
Mar 4, 2008 20:10
  • KEVIN0518
The Art of War is a good book. It introduces many tricks and strategies that have been in military. Modern people even apply these strategies in doing business and they have been proved working very well. And I heard that the Art of War has been introduced to Westpoint as teaching materials. Is this true?
Mar 5, 2008 01:46
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hi Kevin,

Many business majors read this book as part of the curriculum based on which professor they choose. There is no doubt that the tricks and strategies in this book are useful in any application in life but I cannot assure you that they use this book at Westpoint academy.

The only book that I know of that is strictly enforced by a government agency on its employee's is a book named "The 9 habits of highly effective people" by Stephen Covey that is part of training for Home Land Security.
Mar 5, 2008 02:33
  • KEVIN0518
Thanks for your answer, Danny. I have heard of "The 9 habits of highly effective people". When I was in college, my English teacher once used an interview of Stephen Covey as our listening material. I will find this book and read it.
Post a Reply to: Chinese Character
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code