Menu
Does hair have something to do with economy growth?
Feb 22, 2008 02:41
  • YVONNE
A Japanese Newpaper reports that women prefer to have long hair when Japan's economy is booming. If Japan's economy slumps, they will cut their hair short. What's more, it estimates that more women will have short hair. What does it mean? Japan's economy is going to slump. Do you believe it?

More interesting, some analysts hold similar opinions on the prospect of Japan's economy. Since the World War Two, Japan's economy has ended its booming period and is facing recession now. An financial official said that the impact of US's economy slide on Japan is not clear but the exports has been affected.
Feb 22, 2008 11:04
  • GRIZ326
Superstition as economic doctrine; how interesting.

;-)
Feb 23, 2008 23:08
  • APAULT
Just another example of 'freedom of the press' and marketing.
Feb 25, 2008 19:01
  • JIMMYB
To some extent, it is reasonable. Why don't women have long hair during the recession? Because they can't afford to buy shampoo to wash their hair frequently. To have short hair can save some money for them. Just kidding.
Feb 25, 2008 19:12
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Funny analogy. Long hair is hard to keep and more prone to split ends. Long hair maintenance requires more hair care products. Also, more time to spend on it. Well, time is money and hair care products cost money. Bad economy, no money. No money, can’t buy more hair care products, so there. :-P

It’s a bit of a stretch because not even an economic depression can stop women from taking care of themselves. ^_^
Feb 26, 2008 17:45
  • ERENCIUS
Superstition again and again... Imaginative though...
Feb 26, 2008 20:17
  • JIMMYB
Quote:"It’s a bit of a stretch because not even an economic depression can stop women from taking care of themselves."

Since the prospect of US's economy is gloomy, will you have short hair? If not, what will you do to take care of yourself?
Feb 26, 2008 22:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Since the prospect of US's economy is gloomy, will you have short hair? If not, what will you do to take care of yourself?"

Err… no. I refuse to make my hair be an economic indicator, never did. For richer or for poorer, my hair and I will not part. LOL!

I tried to avoid commenting about the US economy until now. I know everyone is saying that the US economy is bad but I never notice. I am living here and everything seems pretty ok. Or maybe it is just me. I was never a big spender or heavy credit card user in the first place. The people who are in trouble are mostly those who spend and spend beyond their means and borrow a lot of money. Maybe some American posters can dispute my observation here. American lifestyle is very, very different. Just talking or reading about it is not enough. You have to experience to know.

Every woman I know takes care of themselves no matter what, no matter what nationality, no matter what their station is in life. If there’s a will, there is a way.

Mar 2, 2008 20:41
  • JIMMYB
"I was never a big spender or heavy credit card user in the first place."

SHESGOTTOBE, it might be the reason why you can have a happy life compared with those big spenders and heavy credit card users. This is a good lesson for them. Be aware of overconsuming!
Post a Reply to: Does hair have something to do with economy growth?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code