Menu
First visit to Chengdu
Feb 24, 2008 04:38
  • TOAD
I'm planning to visit Chengdu around mid-March. The reviews are most informative but have a couple of questions. 1 How far is Emei Mountains from the city? 2 Is there proper lodging at Jiuzhaigou. Is a week enough to explore the city and the surrounding places of interest? Appreciate some advice here. Thanks
Feb 24, 2008 08:08
  • FIONA2008
Welcome to Chengdu.
It would take 2 hours to Mt.Emei by bus , from Xinnanmen station.
If you plan to Jiuzhaigou, at least 4 days to explore Jiuzhaigou,as it takes at least 8 hours one way by bus.

Except Emei, i recommend you to have a look at Leshan Buddha, its on the way to Emei(close to Emei), what would you expect ffrom Chengdu? there are plenty of nice place worth a visit.

Feb 24, 2008 10:01
GUEST83326 Why do you need 4 days for Jiuzaigou ?

The guidebook mentioned you can take a shuttle bus within the park in a day.

If I fly into Jiuhuang airport from Chengdu or Beijing, is 1 or 2 nights stay enough to see the park ?

I wonder how much time is required to see Ermei Shan ? Can it be done in 1 day by bus and cable car without trekking ?
Feb 24, 2008 13:07
  • ELLYSE
2) Yes, too much choice, in fact. 3 days for Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong is usually enough, so no need for a week unless you're going horse trekking from Songpan as well.
Feb 24, 2008 19:55
  • TOAD
Thank for info, fiona and ellyse. I'm now much tempted to do both jiuzhaigou and emei shan plus see chengdu within maybe 8 days. Not too hectic i hope. Is it easy to get room in an average hotel in the city centre at this time?
Feb 24, 2008 21:06
GUEST84166 I will be going chengdu on the 9-16th june. It would be early summer in chengdu. Can someone advise me on the daylight hours in chengdu during summer?
Feb 24, 2008 22:51
  • ELLYSE
I think doing Emeishan in a single day is too ambitious, unless you're in good shape and sightsee quickly. Overnight trip is usually recommended.
Above poster mentioned 4 days for Jiuzhaigou including bus travel there and back to Chengdu I believe, since the bus travel would take 1 full day each way.
Look on http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/56294.html for weather data (including daylight timings) for Chengdu.
Feb 25, 2008 10:50
  • TOAD
Thanks again ellyse. Think I'll spend 2 days at emei shan and the other exploring Chengdu itself. The old buildings and food will probably keep me occupied the rest of the week. Will do Jiuzhaigou and songpan next trip I guess. Cheers
Post a Reply to: First visit to Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code