Menu
40 percent Americans think China's economy is world No.1
Feb 25, 2008 02:10
  • LEOPOLD219
A survey conducted in US reveals that about 40 percent US citizens think that China's economy ranks No.1 in the world. Only 33 percent people think that US's economy US is still No.1. The survey was conducted among 1007 Amricans through telephone from Feb. 11th to 14th. In 2000, about 65 percent people supported that US was No.1 in the world. In 2006, China ranked No.4 in GDP ranking.

According to a survey made 8 years ago, over 50 percent Americans believed that US would be still No.1 in next 20 years. However, more and more people believe that China will surpass US in 20 years.

What do you think of the survey?
Feb 26, 2008 17:51
  • ERENCIUS
I guess they need better information... But this might be understood since the current US economy is a bit gloomy. People just live in the short-run that's all.
Feb 26, 2008 18:13
  • MARRIE
US just goes into a downturn cycle. it's less possible that an adult grows by 2cm than a child does, isn't it. I guess US still number 1 in 20 years although its life quality not that good compared to that of the rest of the west.
Feb 26, 2008 20:36
  • JIMMYB
Perhaps, US people are frustrated about its economy. The decline makes people feel unconfident about the prospect of US economy.
Feb 26, 2008 23:14
  • CHERI
The media of USA greatly propagandize that China will threat USA and that makes American think instinctively that Chinese economic will surpass USA. In fact American doesn't know a lot about China, lots of information they get coming from media, so I think result of this investigation has no any meaning. This result can't reflect any thing.
In fact, it is a long way for China to surpass USA, our big porpulation, education qualify and environment are still the problems which block our improvement.
Post a Reply to: 40 percent Americans think China's economy is world No.1
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code