Menu
Is Yellow River worth a visit ? Where & how to do it ?
Feb 25, 2008 12:44
guest81244 This is strange. A Chinese guidebook series have mentioned 1 part of Yellow River among the TOP 100 Sites to visit in China(with so much description and October being the best time to visit) but the whole Lonely Planet China Guide has ignored it.

After having visited several countries in Asia in recent years, I noticed the Lonely Planet have many "missed & mistakes".

As China is my finale country in Asia, I am very careful in my planning and comparing English guidebooks and Chinese guidebooks, I find many differences. The Yellow River is just 1 of them.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Feb 25, 2008 22:43
  • ELLYSE
Different sightseeing mindsets and preferences, I think.
Feb 26, 2008 03:37
  • JABAROOTOO
The Yellow river is very interesting in many different locations but someones need to see it may not be the same as yours. Just remember Guide books are just that - a guide - and of course they miss things, especially in a country like China.

I agree the LP has a lot of holes in it but also keep in mind that it is mostly written by travellers who are often interested in very diverse things and cannot possible cover all there is to see.

I've seen the yellow river at the 'First Bend' (just one of many) near Tanke in Sichuan and also in Lanzhou. There are several other historic and interesting natural sights along the river.

I wouldn't go too far out of my way to see it although we did in Sichuan and it proved worth it for other side benefits but if you are travelling near by or just happen to be crossing it somewhere then you may just like to take a detour and add it to your list of places you've been to.

Quite different sights
Post a Reply to: Is Yellow River worth a visit ? Where & how to do it ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code