Menu
Yangtze Cruise - Wanzhou to Yichang by hydrofoil & Little 3 Gorges
Feb 25, 2008 13:31
guest81244 I cannot afford a 3 to 4 days for the full cruise. I wonder if I do only the Wanzhou - Yichang section by hydrofoil, can I still get all the sight-seeings ? Do any tourists do it or is it only for locals to transport ? Is it worth all the trouble of getting in and out from Wanzhou or Yichang ?

By hydrofoil, can I still do the side trip for the Little 3 Gorges ?
Feb 25, 2008 22:43
  • ELLYSE
Hydrofoils aren't for sightseeing purposes. I doubt you'll be able to do the sidetrips and etc.
Feb 26, 2008 03:44
  • JABAROOTOO
If you care to read my tips and reviews on the Yangtze River you will find that taking the Hydrofoil is a fast and efficient way of seeing the Three gorges and doing either of the side trips..

My recommendation is the Shennong Xi at Badong - read my travel reviews 'Unsinkable Spirits of Shennong Xi'
and Walking on the Wildside in Wuxii which is the Lesser Three Gorges.

You just have to be well informed and time your trip.
I've done a three day cruise and the hydrofoil and I would do the hydrofoil again. In fact I have done it twice. Only disadvantage is that they now do not pass though the new dam. You get bused to the site and transfer to hydrofoil but you still get most of the three gorges.

I spend most of my time standing out side - it's noisier of course in the small space available but you get a better view and photo ops.

MSG me if you have any more questions.
Post a Reply to: Yangtze Cruise - Wanzhou to Yichang by hydrofoil & Little 3 Gorges
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code