Menu
Bride Price questions
Nov 10, 2010 19:02
GUEST110 As i said... the 8888 euro the parents paid the wedding... so actually i paid the wedding and in germany i also would have to count with around 10 000euro for a nice wedding... Maybe its a problem of mine but i would never "buy" a girl from the parents.. if she loves me fine, if they only want money that i can marry her then they can keep her...
culture good and fine but i dont accept everything

And if i remember it right then normally the groom have to "pay" the parents out, the grooms family have to provide the house (own house of course) and the parents ofe the bride pay the marriage and the furniture
Nov 10, 2010 22:13
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Cherry,
No they didn't. They are country folk but were more interested in the happiness of their daughter. However, they know if ever there is anything they need they will get it.

See, you are a lucky man, Gaffer. The groom has already burdened to pay the down payment for their apartment. It is a lot of money. The bride's parents should be considerate. Do not be too greedy.
Nov 25, 2010 09:13
GUEST11043 Hello to all. I am from the USA I am corresponding with a girl from china
she is on chpn love .com expressed interest in moving to china. I was told to come over she wants me there with her. auto truck to teach english to make a living. hd replies it doesn't matter if I make a lot of money she just cares for me are there any pitfalls I need to look out for. I take this as a very good sign of her sincerity. any thoughts from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. norman
Jan 23, 2011 02:31
GUEST77172 Bride prices in general to con foreign men in giving cash for unbrideled greed: When any women and especially,when highly educated women , twice divorced women in their 50s ask for whopping big bride prices running into millions of US Dollars as a prerequisite for marriage, as if they are still fresh little virgins, with sob stories how their ex rich husbands mistreated them by bringing mistresses home and forcing her to serve them breakfast in bed. and some other codswallop makes one wonder why their exes did all this.Dont believe all this rubbish about "bride prices" for grown twice divorced women hammering on the tradition barrel polka. They cant con one of their own country men into believing all this rubbish so they get a stupid foreign man to foot the bill.
Jan 23, 2011 02:44
GUEST77172 It is expected that a husband supply a woman with a house and furniture . That is understandable. But the man must also pay for all the paperwork and the emigration fees and her resettling into a new country.All this costs a lot of money. Agreed but when women ask for monthly salaries of 50000 US dollars in addition to all this and the property deeds to your house registered in the name of her relatives including very expensive wedding ceremonies. This all to be deposited in to her families bank account before the marriage then it is time to take stock of what is really going on here.There are good people out there and down right greedy people out there as well. When these huge bride prices come into play its a red flag. The best is to cut and run
Jan 23, 2011 17:08
  • ISHIKAWA
For a second marriage lady, the traditional bride price is ( -RMB XXXXXX ). That means the bride's family have to pay the groom to marry her and the wedding is also held at the bride's family side.

Just be careful and don't be a sucker !!
Jan 23, 2011 21:43
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by ISHIKAWA View Post

For a second marriage lady, the traditional bride price is (-RMB XXXXXX). That means the bride's family have to pay the groom to marry her and the wedding is also held at the bride's family side.

Just be careful and don't be a sucker !!

ISHIKAWA, where are you from? I haven't heard of this before. If it is true, I guess that some men will be very happy to get married with such a lady.
Feb 4, 2011 12:39
GUEST49113 Yes. that is true but when this sort of rubbish comes from a womans family when she has already been divorced twice
the word of
"Bride price" becomes a joke. yet they believe that foreign men will buy into this nonsense and apparently many do.
Feb 4, 2011 13:00
  • SDAVISALASKA
Thought I'd throw in my experience here.
My wife came to the U.S. 8 months ago on a work visa. She's from a small village, and after we'd worked and spent a lot of time with eachother, we knew we were meant for eachother.
We married here, and for a few weeks, she chose not to tell her family, because of promises she'd made to them about not looking for a "boyfriend" in the U.S.
Eventually, she did tell her mother though. Yes, there were a few days of crying, and some bitter words from her family, for not telling them sooner, but in the end, everything worked out.
As far as "bride price" goes. Her family has only asked for the money that they raised to help her come to the U.S., and that is something that I gladly returned to them.
My wife, however, has asked me if we can send money that her parents used to send her to school, and university.
She has a close bond with her family, and feels obligated to help them.
Feb 4, 2011 13:03
  • SDAVISALASKA
I don't mind doing this, and she has told me that she would "get her own job" to make that money. lol
And no, I wont make her do that. I appreciate the debt she feels towards her parents.
It was actually her college friends that wrote and asked her to send them "gifts".

So I guess its different for each person, and the way that they were raised.

Good luck!
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bride Price questions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code