Menu
weather in Kashgar and Lake Karakul in mid to late March
Feb 27, 2008 03:41
guest12976 We will be travelling by train as much as possible, Lanzhou to Urumqi, Kashgar, and want to go to lake Karakul. Is this doable/enjoyable at this time of yr? Any special conditions at Lake K? Will there be accomodation at Lake K so early? Any thoughts/experience/advice much appreciated.
Feb 28, 2008 15:37
  • ELLYSE
I think it would be rather cold, if accommodation is available! Bring enough warm clothes -- you'll need them if you want to go out and do your toilet during nighttime. The bedding in the yurts were rather toasty though. :)
Mar 10, 2008 08:18
  • HKDANIEL
I will be in Xinjiang Kashgar from 22nd March (or 24th) to 29th March and back to Hong Kong on 29th or 30th.

The below route will be taken about 2 to 3 days. If you are interested in the route and also at Kashgar in this period. Maybe we could go and rent the car together.

Pamir Plateau, Karakul Lake, Muztagh. Ata Peak, Kongur Tupe Peak, along the Sino-Pakistan Friendship highway, arrive Tashkorghan town

We could also add some other scenic spots in the route. If you are interested in it, please contact me on email/msn: hotmail.com|daniel_ccf
Post a Reply to: weather in Kashgar and Lake Karakul in mid to late March
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code