Menu
Marriage hunting online, with applause or spit?
Mar 2, 2008 03:04
  • KATRINA
Nowadays, with the developement of communication and the acceleration of life tempo,more and more people resort to internet to seek for their life companions. Do you think if it is a good way to find someone who will accompany you for the rest of your life? A lot of people are against marriage hunting online because internet is virtual world where cheating happens very often? Marriage hunting on-line, applause or spit? Speak your minds.

Mar 2, 2008 21:56
  • SUMMERSNOW
Why not applause for on-line marriage as long as we can find true love? On-line dating is just way to find your Mr. Right or Miss Right. Of course, on-line marriage requires us to distinguish the true love from deceptive tactics.
Mar 3, 2008 08:40
If I it wasn't for being online then I would probably still be single, so I applaud it, although I had met my wife once before, without the Internet we would not have been able to build our relatationship.
Alan
Mar 3, 2008 19:23
  • SUNNYDREAM
Alan, congratulations! I appreciate you can rely on internet to find your true love! Many Chinese parents including my parents sticked to the belief that " internet is virtual, don't trust someone you came across on the internet." My parents strongly oppose me to find a life companion through internet.
I can't change their minds.
Mar 3, 2008 19:27
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Cheating happens both in real life and in the virtual world.
Mar 29, 2008 05:15
  • IBAUSSIE
Just my observation over the last 30 odd years.
You can find someone in a bar,a club,anywhere,talk with them face to face,go out to dinner whatever and still find out later, after taking the marriage step or living together,whatever that the person you thought was the one for you,turned out to be someone completely different,
You dont need the internet to lie,am I right.
The internet i see as another method to meet people of the opposite sex or the same depending on your persuation.People tend to be more relaxed dealing remotely with members of the opposite sex,ie on the phone or over the internet. Sure you can lie and paint a totally untrue picture of yourself.Who are you kidding,surely only yourself right. If this is the sort of person you are this is the sort of person you will attract,
The internet is just another option available to be used to meet people .Many people can not operate on all cylinders when face to face with a real live flesh and blood human being,they can clam up,develop nervous twitches,become speechless etc etc.
The internet because it gives a sense of autonomy,a certain detachment,it can make communication easier.
The lies people tell,sometimes you can see straight away. This can be the case in face to face real life as well,
Sometimes it takes time, over months of emails and comunication,texts before mistakes start to appear in the story or picture you have of the other person.
Hello,just like the real world again huh.
You can even go through months of chat,emails etc and when you meet the person,face to face,after traveling across town or across the world ,they are not really your cup of tea .You find that after being with that person on a daily basis,together in day to day or nightly situations there is something not quite right,some thing they do that they never mentioned or you for that matter that makes a relationship impossible.
Hello again,just like real life.
Mar 29, 2008 05:20
  • IBAUSSIE
And to follow up;
I have had this happen to me on three occasions,three times i travelled halfway around the world and three times it turned to,well lets just say it didnt work out.But hey this also happens when you have met someone locally,got married and hello ,divorced. Lessens the blow if you like to travel though.
Never give up ,nothing ventured nothing gained.You must have faith.

I met someone on on an internet site in september 2007,her emails seemed truthful,and had real feeling in the writings. It all seemed too good to be true,This incredible lady had all the things i have been looking for in a person,values and ideals the same as my own,The more we emailed,the closer we became.It is hard to imagine but i felt love towads this person,and from her letters i could see she had the same feelings.Strange you might say,how is it possible to love someone even though you have never met them,When it happens you will know
.I booked a ticket and flew to China to meet my Chinese flower,Qiongfang. We met for the first time on February the 1st 2008,It was as if we had been dating for the past months,side by side,hand in hand. I asked her to marry me on chinese new years eve and she said yes.We are both so happy.We are waiting for her visa so she can come to New Zealand and be with me.In six weeks fingers crossed we will be together forever. Thank you internet.
Meeting people over the internet can be no different than face to face. You win some you loose some.The important thing is never give up. Have faith in yourself. I wish everyone the happiness i have found because of the internet

Mar 29, 2008 05:30
  • IBAUSSIE
And for all those people who think there is a huge gap in our ages as is sometimes the case in cross cultural/country relationships.Not that i see this as a problem if both people are truly happy and in love.
We are very close in age,its just that i have weathered the years a bit harder, lol.
Post a Reply to: Marriage hunting online, with applause or spit?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code