Menu
Foshan - Need some help in settling in.
Mar 3, 2008 02:57
guest55111 Hi,

I am going over next week, and will be settling in for the next 3 years or so.

I would like to seek help on the following:
- high speed internet/broadband service. Who are the providers, and are there any websites? How about the costs?

- Cable TV. I need my discovery channels! How do I go about to subscribe to cable TV?

- Mobile phones, how much are the service plans, and do they offer free incoming international calls?

Appreciate all your help!
Mar 4, 2008 00:40
  • JABAROOTOO
Internet
Your building will usually be wired by a providor. When you arrive you just choose the best quality broadband it's around Y100per month.

TV in China has gone digital. It is a user pay service for around Y30 per month for all the channels which should include Discovery but check before you sign

Mobile phone: Get a SIM with a local number if you don't plan on travelling around too much although I think in the Guangzhou area there is a better choice of services. You want to get a package with free incoming calls if you can but check the cost of outgoing calls.

If you want to make calls outside the area that you live in you will need a national Mobile number which is currently more expensive. I use this but don't take or make many calls, only text messages. Again when you arrive, talk to the China Mobile or China Unicom to see who has what will suit your needs.

You can always run two phones like many of the locals do.............
welcome to China
Mar 12, 2008 00:19
GUEST79175 Hi Where r u from? I might be moving to Foshan in a couple of weeks. Totally clueless about what to expect there.
Mar 28, 2008 22:09
GUEST55150 Hi,

I would like to ask if there are any dry-cleaning/laundry shops which will come to my home to collect the dirty laundry, and send them back to me?

I am located at Nanhai, Foshan
Post a Reply to: Foshan - Need some help in settling in.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code