Menu
Ten animals-most faithful to their spouses
Mar 16, 2008 14:13
GUEST99160 Hello Rita,

I am an American. I had a question for you about China. Will you answer it? My email is gmail.com|elliott.garlock
Mar 18, 2008 20:10
  • SUNNYDREAM
"No.5 Kirk's dik-dik antelope
"Unlike most sexually monogamous mammals, males of this African dwarf antelope species mate with the female but don't share in the parenting responsibilities. "

I doubt the validity of this one. How can it be called "faithful" since the male does not share the parenting responsibilities? It seems that the male dump the wife and the kid after mating.
Mar 22, 2008 22:02
  • LEONARDO
Quote:
>>No.2 Argiope aurantia spiders
Males from many spider species die during or after *, but that's because the females eat them. Male A. aurantia spiders willingly sacrifice themselves while mating: During *, a male will leave one of its mating appendages inside the female's body, where it acts as a kind of organic chastity belt, preventing her from mating with other males. <<

Very faithful indeed! I have heard that a kind of spider called " Black Widow" eat their mates after sex. Does anyone have seen that kind of spider? What does it look like? Is it deep black? Does it exist only in North America?
Mar 25, 2008 21:45
  • YVONNE
Black widow is poisonous and dangerous. Originally, it existed only in North America. Maybe, it has been exported to China, but I havn' t seen any.
Sep 4, 2008 07:19
GUESTRICHARD Most of the birds that are born in pairs, are monogamous
Sep 4, 2008 07:22
GUESTRICHARD Human beings are mostly unfaithful to their spouses. It is more often and common in males than in females. Genetically the male is more polygamous than their female counterparts.
Oct 3, 2008 14:22
GUESTWITTY You forgot the Parrott, the Goose, the Cygnus or other Superior birds
The Eagle is a Bird.

I cannot consider as faitfhful a wolf letting down the mate when the Pack kicked it out!!! that is not Faithfulness.

Fairthulness is only valid when it implies "affection" like the Parrott which gets depressed or dies when its mate is gone.

When faithfulness is subject to the Pack's rules (Wolf) it is just territorial hierarchy and fear.

When the Spider's male mate is killed or eaten it is a metaphore for the Uggliest type of Mating. It is just disgusting.

Man is able to love several times. Animals can mate several times. But if Faithfulness and parental responsibility are present, that is what counts.

If Eagles can be monogamous and faithful, I guess it is why the Lord gave birds the Power to Fly Higher and let the human crawl in his unfaithful ways...
Oct 4, 2008 13:02
  • CARLOS
Praying mantis, eh?

After first meeting there is no spouse to cheat.

Carlos

Nov 18, 2009 17:25
GUEST24960 Penguins do infact mate FOR LIFE, not just one mating season
Dec 15, 2009 01:08
GUESTAMMY
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUMMERSNOW View Post

Although monogamy in the animal kingdom is rare, it's far from boring. When a priest ask: "have you resolved to be faithful to your husband?", they say "Yes" . Human beings does this similar thing, but quite a lot of people betrayed their spouses. The following ten animls fulfilled their promises to their spouses, They were regarded as the most l...

DEFINITELY NOT A TIGER... MUAHA HA HA ... LOL
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ten animals-most faithful to their spouses
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code