Menu
Looking for House/Apt./Villa in Changchun
Mar 5, 2008 01:39
guest97101 I posted back in Oct. asking about what to bring, cost of living, etc. and want to say "Thanks" for the answers ( will be stocking up on our favorite deos :) . We will be moving to Changchun in mid-August and were there last month and looked at lots of townhouses/apts. So I have another Q. that I hope somebody will be kind enough to answer. We have been looking at housing in Tian An, Janke, Upper Town and South Lake Hotel. Can anybody give me some real first hand info on the pros and cons of each of these areas???? Things like bldg. quality, how is the heating/cooling, how well management maintains the property, those sort of things. Looking forward to the move and getting to meet some more of the friendly people of Changchun and learning Mandarin.
Jun 23, 2008 20:45
GUESTKAYLA Hello!
First, wellcome to Changchun-my hometown. I hope it's not too late to help you at least a little.

1. I dont think you need to bring too much for normal life, u can buy pretty much every thing there.
2. I'm not sure where is TianAn and Janke, are they Chinese names? But in Changchun city, a normal apt. which is 70-90/m2 will cost 800-1200 without furniture offer. But if u want to live in the center of city, it'll be much higher.
3.The heating/cooling usually is not too bad, but the heating depends on if people of the community pay well sometimes.

I dont know if you've found house already, if not or you need more help, please feel free to contact me at :

hotmail.com|ermuyingzi

Aug 11, 2012 08:53
GUESTLAURIS Hi Kim,I don't mind at all. My life is pretty much an open book. John and I met in China. We fell wlldiy in love, spent six intense months together and then went through a nine month seperation. He was in the States and I stayed in China. It was horrible. Our phone bills were atrocious and we both really struggled to make it work. By the end of the nine months, neither one of us knew what to expect because we had been away from each other longer than we'd been together. Re-uniting meant we had to get to know each other all over again. That was also hard, but I don't think there's ever been a time when we thought we wouldn't be together or we couldn't make it work.
Post a Reply to: Looking for House/Apt./Villa in Changchun
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code