Menu
Living at the beach in China?
Jan 20, 2005 21:45
  • CHERUB96
I was thinking about moving to China next year. I can do my work electronically so I am very flexible as to where I live.
I would to live at the beach or close to it and I need internet access, maybe not in my apartment but somewhere within a few kilometers.
It that possible? Are there apartments or bungalows close to (unpolluted) beaches that are not hideously expensive like the tourist hotels?
Which area of China does one look at for something like this anyway?
Searching the internet has been unsuccessful - it only turned up expensive hotels.
Jan 21, 2005 08:51
  • FRANKENSTEIN

If u relly want to live in china 4 a long time,maybe we can call it "emigration",i think the best way to know the procedure is asking the civil administration and department of police.

good luck
Jan 21, 2005 08:54
If you do not care which certain city you want to live, I would recommend Zhuhai. There are vacant villas you can rent at a reasonable price. Zhuhai is also a quiet with all modern facilities. Internet access is no big deal. It is amazing how widespread it is! I have been to a city 4000 meters high in Sichuan, an eastern Tibetan area, there are two net cafes! So is with another small town in Yunnan.
The reason i do not want recommend other coastal cities in Guangdong is i think security and safety should be a premier consideration. Also you have to take hospital facilities into account.
Hope this info is helpful!
Jan 21, 2005 10:11
  • DEE0228
Hi! CHERUB96
The internet access is now available in almost every city of China, you don’t need to worry about this. The problem is which kind of city will you choose? There are so many seaside cities in China. Dalian, Qingdao, Sanya, etc. are all good choices, you may search the information beforehand, and then make a decision.
Post a Reply to: Living at the beach in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code