Menu
Things you should know about Hong Kong
Mar 5, 2008 09:03
  • JAMESINGRAM

Hello Hong Kong Travellers!
I've been to Hong Kong numerous times, infact I was recently there for work and I tell ya, I can't get enough of the city!
For those of you who are visiting HK for the first time- here are a few of my favourite places and things to do..

Aqua Bar & Restaurant- The view here is nothing like i've ever seen before. A very relaxed place for drinks and dinner.

Lan Kwai Fong- For nightlife lovers, you will find bars, pubs and nightclubs..some open till wee hours of the morning.

Disneyland- My kids loved it! It is disneyland after all. Although much smaller than the other Disneylands around the world, its worth a visit.

Cheung Chau Island- Popular with tourists, the island is a time-capsule encompassing Old-Hong Kong. Take a day out for watersports, shopping, cycling, relaxing on the beach, site seeing and most importantly, eat at the road side restaurants! The seafood here is to die for.

Om Custom Tailors- Countless people have asked where in Hong Kong I get my suits tailored, and it's my little secret but since im feeling generous I'll share. Om custom tailors spins out the best suits I've ever owned..and theyre well reasonable too. There are a tonne of tailoring scams in Hong Kong so wherever you decide to go, be alert through the entire process. This company is one I will stick to for all my tailored clothing, they're fantastic.

Mong Kok Ladies Market- My wife went biserk here (and thank god it was here of all places!) You will find lanes and lanes of stalls in the typical hong kong street market style. Plenty of oddities from kinky underwear (wink) to shoes, bags and clothes. Before you shop here however, hone up on your bargaining skills... it goes a long way in Mong Kok!

Chung King Mansion- An ethnic centre jammed with indian delicacies, great food and imports from nepal, pakistan and africa. This building is located in the heart of a very busy and modernized district, it's quite the experience walking from the main streets into this oasis which feels like another world all together. It represents a community minority in Hong Kong, very interesting experience indeed.

Fortress- Another question I get asked alot is in regards to electronic items in Hong Kong. They definitely come at a cheaper price than the UK but don't be lured in my street outlets that sell products for close to peanuts. I've lost thousands of dollars buying gadgets and things which have been replaced with fake inner makings. I always reccommend Fortress- everything comes with a guarantee, warranty and of course, a pricetag that will save you big bucks.

I will continue to add on to this list but for now, the above are my few favourites.

Have fun in Hong Kong!
Mar 6, 2008 23:38
  • JABAROOTOO
James,
Great to hear all this about HK but can we suggest you write it up as "TIP" or a Travel Review. These threads get buried if there is no discussion and the on;y time it will breifly see the light of day again is when you add to it or some other idiot spams it.

So have a good look around the site here and discover the best options for posting this useful information
Post a Reply to: Things you should know about Hong Kong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code